Sign in to follow this  
Guest purplegreendave

Burning an mp3 CD: Tracks in specific order

Guest purplegreendave

I want to burn 3 albums to an mp3 cd, but I want the tracks to be laid out in the right order (Ie. earliest album, middle album, last album; each with their original track order intact)

I'm running Ver on WinME, and it arranges them alphabetically be default. This (IMO) is a disaster, as the albums have continuity in them which will be destroyed.

Can I fix this?????

I'm gonna put it in the car, so won't it play in the order they're burned on?

There is no actual order on files in data discs. Just as in your hard disc, you can view files alphabetically, by time created etc, the player is responsible for the playback sequence. Although apparently a file is physically written first, that doesn't mean that it will be the "first" file.

Car MP3 players mostly try the alphabetical approach for and within folders. If you want to have tracks in order try to rename them using: Artist - Album - Track number - Title. Artist and Album could be reversed. Notice that this could lead to longer filenames, which might not be supported by the player (Check filesystem support on the manual). If the later is the case try different folder for each album, and rename to Track Number - Title.

Guest purplegreendave{OFFLINE}

Well, I came up with a temporary solution of renaming all the files as 101, 102 for the first album, 201, 202 for the second etc.

I think an FM transmitter for an MP3 may be easier though.