XP hangs immediately when running CSBurnerXP

Guest newzat

Hi,

When I run the program, it asks for language, then freezes. My laptop becomes frozen!

version 4.2.4.1272

on XPSP3

• 1 month later...
Guest Rabbity

Same problem here. Select the language, the outline of the startup wizard screen appears, then the entire system freezes. Reset is the only option.

I've uninstalled and installed an older version, same exact result.

Running XP SP3 with all updates installed. .NET 3.5 Asus M2A-VM motherboard, LG SATA DVD burner.

Is there anything else required other than .net?

Guest Rabbity

Well, I found the solution on my own. No help from this forum.

There was a conflict with the PCTools Firewall. Here is a post I found on what to disable...

Hi Forts,

This could be related to the Enhanced Security Verification. Try disabling this in Settings-> Filtering-> Untick the checkbox for Enhanced Security Verification-> Apply. If this resolves the problem, we will require log files to investigate this further. Let us know how this goes and if it is related to ESV, then i'll provide some instructions on how to get the logs.

• 1 month later...
Guest Peter K
There was a conflict with the PCTools Firewall.
Thanks for the tip. :) I installed a fresh new XP and decided to give PcTools firewall and CDBurnerXP a try. This crash was not on my wish-list. :wink:
  • 1 year later...
Guest P. van Dijk

Thanks a lot!!

I had the same problem here with version 4.3.7.2356 and PCTools Firewall installed.

Unticking that option did it for me too!