Sign in to follow this  
wroot

Option to set default CD device or to remember last

I'm missing an option to select the default CD device for all new burning projects. As i have 2 devices (CD and DVD) and it's always selecting the CD one. Or maybe CDBurnerXp can just remember the last used device.

I have not seen that to necessarily be the case. If I insert a blank DVD, select burn data dvd from action selection, then pick video dvd layout, select the second writer (e:\, defaulted to d:\), burn and exit, then when process is repeated d:\ still comes up as default.

Well. I can tell the same, it doesnt remember the last recordng device for me too. Whether in the project window (where i'm adding files and folders in the bottom window and there is a combobox with drive selection), nor in the ISO burning dialog. I have CD-RW which is D disk i think (at wrk, so i cant remember for sure) and DVD-RW, which is secondary. CDBurnerXp always selects CD-RW, though i havent used it for years. I'm always switching to DVD-RW.

It seems that this option (to remember last used device) has added some odd issue, that it also remembers the last used speed and doesnt suggest the best speed when i create new project. E.g. i burn DVD-RW at 4x, then i close program, open program, insert 16x DVD-R and press Burn, it burns at 4x. I think it should recheck the disc upon insertion and suggest the best/highest speed.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.