Sign in to follow this  
Guest ms

Installation problem

Guest ms

Has anyone come across this installation problem? I have installed (recently downloaded) CDBXP on one particular machine. When the app starts no wizard page appears. I want to burn a data DVD. The app recognises a DVD drive and a DVD-R blank in it. But it only wants to make an audio CD. There appears to be no option to select the burn format. An install on a different machine was OK. Any thoughts?

Guest ms

Thanks Flo. Not sure where in 'settings' you refer. I can't see anything obvious in General Settings.

I think what is happening on the problem machine is that the opening blue screen is built but then goes immediately to a new project window (an audio project) and so I get no opportunity to select New Project. The window I am presented with has an [Audio compilation] caption.

Installing the app on a different machine, I do get the opening screen but even if I cancel out of it, I am left with the blue screen which offers me a New Project selection option, at which point I can choose Data DVD.

Guest ms

Having just had a look at the way things work on the other installation, I can replicate the symptoms by checking the 'Remember last used project type' checkbox.

I suspect this will resolve my problem but I cannot check until tomorrow.

Flo, our posts crossed. Many thanks for that. I'm sure the information will correct my problem. Thank you.