floele

Before asking a question + Interesting topics

Guest rkblowers

I updated from ME (I loved it) to XP out of necessity. Now I find my CD burner is gone. My hubsand is a Musician, where before he could go into Studio to record--then we could burn CD's ourselves.

Help! I have windows media player--but I prefer my Realtime as it's quite easier and we can EQ better too--please help.

rkblowers@psci.net

Guest tune433

I have a Pentium II Celeron 300 Megahertz processor, run windows 98se and 128Mb Ram. As the FAQ states it is a little heavy on processor usage (about 50-55%) but it never crashes and the quality is amazing. As soon as the program is closed I only loose 3-4% from where it was when I started. Say good -bye to Nero!!

So this means I can run it on 9x verison of Windows (ie 98 or ME)

Guest Crumb

HI i have a problem with burning ISO files with a DVD-RW, ive red some topics about it but i couldnt find a solution, i really hope you can help me out.

It is a strange this though cause ive used BurnerXP to burn iso files in the past without a problem.

As i said it only happens when i want to burn iso files, if i drag some files to burning section i can burn them without a problem.

I aloso tried it with a CD-RW and that did work.

My discs are compatible with my burner cause ive used them before, ive fully formated the disc but it didnt make a difference.

My windows is fully updated and im using the latest version of brunerxp 3.0.116.

Is there anyone with similar problems ?

Thanks in advance

Try for less than $40. I purchased a Lite-On DVD burner for just over $60 in 12/2004. My dad purchased the same burner for ~$35 from the same place online last month.

CR-RW drives are even cheaper and CD-ROM drives are a dime a dozen now, if you can even find them :)

Lite-On CD burners were excellent. They burned excellent quality copies of data. Lite-On DVD burners are attrocious and burn more errors than correct data - especially at the outside of the media. We used to ONLY sell Lite-On CD burners and now stay well clear of Lite-On drives (this includes those Sony drives that are really rebranded Lite-On drives) and stick with Pioneer drives instead, finding these to be very reliable.

The Pioneer drives may cost a little more, but considering they bun accurately, this is a tiny price to pay for quality.

Guest MJ

Does this mean that your SW will work on Vista? I

It doesn't have any high system requirements. Apart from that we don't have such old PCs to check the minimum requirements.

Guest Mr Guest

Is there a way to optimize the burning speed? When I am ready to burn, the only speed I see is 1x.

Does this mean that your SW will work on Vista? I

Nope. Sooner or later it will, but right now you'll get problems. Vista itself should be your biggest problem anyway :-P

Guest Joshua

I am trying to burn data to a blank DVD+R disc. When I try to burn in Joliet, it doesn't seem to burn. When I try burning using ISO Level 1 and Level 2, it appears to burn fine, but when I later try to read the data on the disc, Windows XP does not recognize any files on the disc. It says the disc is empty. Any idea what's wrong and how to fix it?

I saw a thread in this forum for this exact problem for CD-R, but the solution does not appear to be applicable to a DVD. Please let me know.

Guest BERT PARSONS

Hi. I'm a learner and can't for the life of me even get started to burn a cd. Can you tell me how or where I can find the steps required in your "Help" set up? Thank you.

Guest weismer

Hi.

Just tried the program to create a disk for Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn ISO file. The disk will boot, but when I run the installer, it's in German. As far as I can tell, the file is the English version. Is there some setting that I missed to display english?

Thanks

Hello

I have a CD-R/RW SH-R522C from 6 months and i used it not so much (only a few times). Now when i try to burn CD (data CD) seems to be O.K. but data verification always fail, which means it does not work properly.I'm wasting a lot CD-s.Can anyone help me?

Guest autoknudsen@webspeed.dk

HOW DO I MOVE A CD-FILE FROM "AUDACITY" TO THIS PROGRAM FOR BURNING ????

Guest nagrom

ok ive read everything i dont mean to be a bother with wat might be a stupid question but im a little new to this and i recently bought some dvd-rw and burned many movies onto them i went to the store and bought the same but different brand and for some reason the program is not reading that i have a disc in the drive and wont let me copy my movie onto it please im wondering what i need to do id appreciate the help email me at pennylane1129@rock.com

Guest RJW

Hi Guys,

Great software;thanks.

Trying to burn a saved compilation that will include added folders and files. I have a compilation that includes folders under My documents and I've subsequently added new sub folders/files. This doesn't seem to be picked up in the new burn; do I have to add each new file and sub folder to the compilation each time? This doesn't seem to make sense if I'm using CDBurner for backups. Can anyone help? I'm probably being a bit dumb here.

Thanks

Guest howitworks4u

By any chance, did you ever receive an answer on your question about burning cd's? I am also not familiar with this part of the computer. I feel so stupid because I cannot seem to find any steps or how to begin. I am sure it is here somewhere but I cannot seem to find it too. I am just wanting to get some files off my computer so I can acquire more space. Maybe you might know of a better way for me to accomplish this? I have to collect alot of information and right now my computer is talking to me and it is telling me that it is about to "Blow!"

While I am here, I was wondering if anyone knows of a site that shows you visually on how to perform certain tasks with the computer? I have come across situations where I probably knew what to do but the actual terms or the wording was what would confuse me. As a solution, I was thinking that if I was to also have something visually to go by I could save a whole lotta time! I do not think I will ever understand this computer jargon! Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thank You

Lisa

howitworks4u@yahoo.com

Lite-On CD burners were excellent. They burned excellent quality copies of data. Lite-On DVD burners are attrocious and burn more errors than correct data - especially at the outside of the media. We used to ONLY sell Lite-On CD burners and now stay well clear of Lite-On drives (this includes those Sony drives that are really rebranded Lite-On drives) and stick with Pioneer drives instead, finding these to be very reliable.

The Pioneer drives may cost a little more, but considering they bun accurately, this is a tiny price to pay for quality.

I disagree! I had one Lite-On DVD burner that worked faithfully for 4 years and (literally) 1000s of DVDs. I replaced it with a faster Lite-On a year ago and have not had a single problem!

Guest Anonymous Coward

I just installed some SATA DVD writers in my system (now I have 3 in total) and would like to make multiple copies of my photo albums for a party I was at recently, but quickly.

Is it possible to write multiple CDs/DVDs simultaneously? I'm unable to get CDBurnerXP Pro to load more than once.

Thanks in advance.