BUG: CDBurnerXP - multi-session CD is wrong

BUG: CDBurnerXP - the ulti-session CD-R is wrong

I tried to make multi-session CD-R, with CDBurnerXP version 4.2.4.1300 installed in Windows XP SP3 with the CDBurnerXP runtime package based on .NET 2.0.

The first session CD is correct: all files are present, but since the second session the contents of the CD do not correspond to the full compilation.

Details:

Session 1

I add the folder D:\fold_1\ and I burn the CD-R with options: Session at once enabled, and Finalize Disc disabbled.

The file explorer shows the CD containing the folder E:\fold_1\ with all its contents.

Session 2

I obviously choose "Continue disc" and the previous compilation appears in colour RED.

I add the folder D:\fold_2\ which appears within the compilation in colour YELLOW

and then the compilation appears as shown below:

fold_1

fold_2

I burn the CD-R with options: Session at once enabled, and Finalize Disc disabbled.

Finally the file explorer shows the CD as shown below:

the folder E:\fold_1\ is empty,

the folder E:\fold_2\ has all its contents.

Second test

I have burned a second multi-session CD-R, but in the second session I have removed added the folder fold_1 of the previous session so that it appears in colour YELLOW in compilation.

Consequently the final content of the CD is correct, but the space used was too much increased as the folder fold_1 was scratched and written again.

• 1 year later...
Guest BlackVoltage

I have the problem with 4.3.7.2356 that even with a non multisession -- disc at one -- burnin Mode three times I tried to burn a DVD one folder with all its content is not shown. Besides the two other folders are readable but not very good.

In addition I tried the same with the burning tool provided with my lg dvd burner -- that worked finde (but I dont like it - CDBurnerXP is easier to use).

Hope that Problems can be fixed?!

Thanks in advance!

BlackVoltage

Guest psik0tik

there's something wrong with the last version, I also have weird stuff going on.

also have a lot "session could not be imported. Invalid UDF tag" when I want to "continue disc". I use the same CDs and DVD/CD burner.

There haven't been any changes to that actually. If you experience problems, please post detailed steps on how to reproduce the problem, including the type of medium you burned to and the file system you used.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jamall
there's something wrong with the last version, I also have weird stuff going on.

also have a lot "session could not be imported. Invalid UDF tag" when I want to "continue disc". I use the same CDs and DVD/CD burner.

yea got the exact same problem.

I've made a brand new cd, with mp3 tracks, about 30 for a total of 180mb more or less, recorded at x10 speed and with the default file system, ISO 9660/Joliet /UDF.

when i say continue the previous session bang the same error comes.

Got Win 7 and my recorder is a PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-216D ATA Device

I remember also that i had this issue some time ago but on win XP, and i had found a solution to that in your forum IRCC, but i cant really remember what i did to solve that...

then i've formatted my pc, installed the new os and here i am ;)

Hope this can give you some help to solve this problem!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest EgMarvelous

That's what happened to me ..

i burned a cd and for sure (SAO) and finalize disk disabled that was the first time to burn

then i continue the disk as normal and burned again (another data) but the new data doesn't appear at all and the space already occupied !! so it's just space without data !! and when i try to copy the old data it give me an error but i can view it !!