Sign in to follow this  
hobobill

sata drives not recognized

recently installed windows vista 64 home premium. cdburnerxp finds only my sony DRU-820a ide cd/dvd burner. it doesn't find sata drives tsscorp SH-203B or liteon SH-20A1L. tried with 2 versions, 4.2.4.1272 and 4.2.4.1300. all 3 drives were fine in winxp. any suggestions?

recently installed windows vista 64 home premium. cdburnerxp finds only my sony DRU-820a ide cd/dvd burner. it doesn't find sata drives tsscorp SH-203B or liteon SH-20A1L. tried with 2 versions, 4.2.4.1272 and 4.2.4.1300. all 3 drives were fine in winxp. any suggestions?

I have an identical problem on multiple (20-plus) Dell workstation systems (Precision T3400, with an HL-DT-ST_DVD+-RW_GSA-H73N SATA DVD drive). The one common thread is that the drives are all SATA. All of the new machines we've purchased in the last 9 months come supplied with SATA drives. We wish to deploy CDBurnerXP throughout our organization, but this is a "show stopper".

Please can someone confirm that SATA drives are NOT currently supported?

Does anyone know if there are plans to add SATA support?

Thanks,

Simon

the only thing in my case is that all the other 3 burner apps i've tried recognize all drives so i don't think the option of changing my system around to satisfy 1 app is a good solution. it's quite possible that that the suggestions flo made won't work. i'll leave it as it is, use different software and move on. cdburnerxp is great software and when it works on any particular system can't be beat.