Sign in to follow this  
Guest zvik

how to burn a movie with "fit to disk" option

Guest zvik

hi

I've worked with nero up to now and I would realy like to swich to CDBurnerXP. my problem is this: i download a movie which normally is about 700 mb and i burn it in a dvd disk at the size of 4.7 gb. this improves the quality of the movie and i can enjoy seeing it (otherwise it's very annoying and the quality is very poor).

the problem is thet i can't find any similar option in this program.

can you please help me?

hope i was clear enough

Hmmm,

The feature you want, doesn't exist, in CDBurnerXP, cause its actually not related to a burning program. You would need to re-encode the movie with another program obviously. There are lots of freeware ones.

But since each encoding is a lossy algorithm function, you can't expect any real jump in quality. Filters could be used to smoothen the final product of the transcending but more data is lost. Consider updating the codecs used in the playback if you have really noticed an upgrade in quality.