Warning! Some files could not be added to the compilation

Guest rawjvh

I get a message

Warning! Some files could not be added to the compilation or has been

truncated due to a long file name. See list for details.

All my file names are long and have spaces between words.

I set the ISO level to 3, but it still doesn't work.

why? and how can i fix this?

• 7 months later...
Guest sirbiczek

I am having the same problem :/

The program was working fine like a month ago, and now when I wanted to use it that error message pops when try and add a file to be burnt. And its even files with short names. ;/

Please help!!!!!!

Guest antmasfl1224

Same problem here. Everything was working just fine now I getting the same error message. I have not made any changer to my computer or settings.. HELP!

• 3 weeks later...

I ran into this problem and at lease found that the problem file was a file I had, had problems with. alittle history this file belonged to a zip file that I had down loaded. Well it was was bad. So I down loaded it from another site. This time every thing was good. I was doing some cleaning of my HD, deleted the good fold with the same file and kept the bad folder. Well when I burned the bad folder this file came up as a name to long and that it couldn't be added, then it came up as a warning. End results was the file was copyed, but its bad. So I guess my question is, are you sure the file isn't bad. I did download the zip file again unpacked it from the site I knew had a good zip file and reburned it to disk with out any problem. By the way the disk I burned was a Drivers update for my other computer.

Hey guys, if you want help, stop making "omg help!!!111" posts and instead provide some information on *which* files cannot be added and for *what reason*. All stated in the dialog.

• 5 months later...

I am having this problem also! I want to make a copy of the Microsoft Backup I have done of my documents and when I drag the folder to the drop and drag section I get this error files could not be added to the compilation.

This is the report or error message I get.

Catalogs Access to the path 'D:\JOHN-PC\Backup Set 2010-06-11 074930\Catalogs' is denied. D:\JOHN-PC\Backup Set 2010-06-11 074930\Catalogs

Hope this helps.

John.

• 4 weeks later...

In such a case, make sure that the files are not in use by a different application. I cannot do anything about this error.

If you are unsure, use tools like Unlocker to ensure that the files are accessible. Also make sure, that this is not a permission problem (that is, make sure that you can actually open the files with a different application).

hello...i just recently started getting the "warning some files cound not be added..." message when trying to use cdburnerxp. Just a few days ago i was using the program with no problems, and the rar file that i unzipped and added to the program is one that i already had on my computer and unzipped recently with no problem, which leads me to believe that the rar file is not the problem. the rar file was a music file by the way, and i was trying to add the files into an audio cd. i uninstalled and reinstalled the cdburner program just as a measure and still had the same problem. i tried to unzip several different rar files that i know work fine just as another measure, and still got the same message. can you help me? also, im not the most technical guy so if you could put your answer in laymans terms id appreciate it :)

thanks agn!

So you are creating an audio disc? In this case, please check the error messages in the file list. Usually, there is a reason why a file could not be added for each file, and based on that reason, you need to take action.

Maybe you can just copy and paste the list here.