Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gurka

My DVD-player can´t read some files on the disc I burn.

Guest Gurka

Hello

I got a problem. I´ve been using CDBurnerXP to burn some CDs with movies and subtitles-files. (.avi & .srt). My DVD-player doesn´t recognize the subtitle-files, just can´t select it. It works if I use another software to burn the disc, for example Nero.

I´ve tried change the filename to a "1.avi" & "1.srt". Still doesn´t work, so there is nothing wrong with the filenames.

Note: the video-file plays perfectly, even if I use CDBurnerXP, but to make the subtitle-file to work I need to use Nero. And Nero sucks!

Can it be some kind of problem with the filesystem or something? I would be relly glad if someone could help me so that I can uninstall Nero asap.

Thank You

Guest visitor

i am using WinXP Pro SP2 on Dell M4300 with TSSTcorp TS-L632H burner and latest CDburnerXP.

Everything so far seem to be perfect, discs are readable on computers etc. but none of my DVD players will read them ("bad disc"). :(

Btw. they are just Data Discs with AVI files. Same thing burned with Nero or Roxio works as expected but I would much rather use CDburner.

Any ideas?

Guest greywolve

Hi,

i've the same problems ... i've tried to burn some xvid movies to a dvd or cd to play them on my dvdplayer (HS646 emax) ... but i get always a bad disc error ... My system: Vista 64Bit - LG GSA-4167B ... and the latest CDBurnerXP Version

Then i tried another Programm cdrtools Frontend ... and ... voila my dvd player reads the DVD with the xvid files ...

Even if i burn a CD-R with one film i get the same error ... if i burn the CD-R on my Laptop Inspiron 500m WinXP 32Bit- with the same CDBurnerXP Version, same settings ... the DVD Player reads the CD without any errors ...