Sign in to follow this  
DeDe

re: Burning Data to CDRW Problems

I have only just installed CDBurnerXP pro on a Pentium 3 Win 98se Puter.

Had a go at burning 7.12MB of Data (.xls, .doc,mdb & zip files) to a TDK CD-RW disk with intention to add more later. I set it exactly how it shows in the helpfiles for burning data and did not tick 'Finalize Disk' ! (Write speed was set at 4x 600kB/s as per my burner). It seemed to burn well and closed session, thenejected disk. When I checked it in My computer it showed my burned files fine and they open okay, but it shows no avaliable disk space. I tried burning another session anyway and it also appeared to work adding to my exsisting files from 1st session, but still showing no free space. when there should be.

Also I like to work directly to disk, so changes made in an excel file for example need to be able to save to disk (this is y I use CDRW) but file is read only and cannot change attributes. Whereas it was ticked as Archive before burned. :?

The remaining disc-space on a CD is always 0 when you check it per Windows Explorer, that's usual.

You cannot directly write to the disc, to do that you have to format it as UDF, which you can do for example by using Nero InCD.