Sign in to follow this  
griffinspc

possible bug - C++ [closed]

Maybe new bug, I didn't see it in the archives. Launch the app, choose Rip Audio, choose WMA, choose output directory, choose synch mode, select all tracks, choose rip tracks, get:

Window Haeding = Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

X Runtime error !

Program D:\Program Files\CD Burner XP Pro\cdbxp.exe

abnormal program termination

OK

Click OK and app closes completely. Use same sequence with a MP3 rip and all runs smoothly.

Just in case that made no sense I added the error photo.

I didn't re-install VBR but I'll try it although it should have shown up in other apps I use if it were corrupt.

I should have added this before:

XP2200+

1 gig DDR

W2K with all updates / service packs

DX 9.0b

latest non-beta version of CDBurnerXP Pro

I also was able to rip as WMA with Windows media Player and Magix Pro.

Thankls for your reply Flo.

Installed 3.0.109 yesterday and went through the process. I have 2 optical drives, the default is "K" DVD/CD-R, the 2nd "J" is CD-RW.

On "K" I received a different error immediately upon the opening of the Ripper when a CD was in the drive. This error completely locked up CDBurner until told to Abort. I forwarded the error by email. If "K" had no CD in then the Ripper was fine. K is a relatively new Aopen drive with latest firmware, etc.

If a CD was in drive "J" ( a relatively new Lite-On) everything went smoothly for WMA and MP3 rips however the process really slowed down track by track. The rip started at 6X and as each track progressed at about 75 to 80 percent it slowed to about 1X, maybe 2X.

Quality was good though there was less setup choices for a WMA rip as far as synch, etc., but you may have automated that task.

All in all I think maybe the Aopen isn't supported whereas the Lite-On is. The time it takes to rip a Cd is a problem since I could have made breakfast waiting for 10 tracks to complete.

Keep up the good work though, still a fine piece of freeware.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.