Sign in to follow this  
provolino

Ultimate solution for most of incompatible SATA drives

I decided to write this topic to help all users with "SATA drives" and "No compatibility drive" message :cry::(:cry:

Just install this pack:

Intel Chipset - XP & Vista & 7

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/17882/a08/IATA89CD.exe

AMD Chipset - XP

http://files.3dnews.org/pub/drivers/ati ... 4_raid.exe

AMD Chipset - Vista & 7

http://files.3dnews.org/pub/drivers/ati ... 4_raid.exe

After one or two system resets (depending on Windows version), CDBurnerXP should be able to detect and use your burner properly :) :) :)

I tested it with several notebooks (mainly HP Pavilions) and the trick works like a charm :D

Hope to be useful,

P.

P.S.

Flo, please make this thread sticky ;)

Guest BACKSTABBER

What was said up there should work for most Intel based systems, for AMD ones you should download the corresponding driver from the AMD site, or in case you are using a notebook like i am, HP Pavillion, and my notebook is AMD processor, chipset and graphic card you should get the corresponding driver for you in the Driver Download page of HP. It should be some kind of RAID Controller Driver. Well this link has some info for this but when i tried to download the driver for the AMD systems i found it to difficult to find the correct driver through that page.

Link follows: http://cdburnerxp.se/help/appendices/troubleshooting

Hope this helps most people out there that are having some kind of "No Compatible Drive" error/message...

cya

Guest Manfet

Big thanks for that post. It did work really good. But be aware that there is another Version for x64 systems and Intel warns you not to install the x86 Version on a x64 system. I'm not really sure that there is a difference but there was the warning in the installation file so I thought I should warn you.

Thanks again (sticky?)

Guest Fritz7

Sadly, but I uninstalled Matrix Storage Manager finally. Although it made my drive being found by CDBurnerXP, my hp Pavilion needed at least 5 minutes for booting to log in screen with it. The chipset PM45 with ICH9 M/M-E SATA/AHCI Controller is not compatible with Matrix... it's not listed at Intel's instructions.

Will I have to disable AHCI then?

Guest Fritz7

I worked through KB:929461 which doesn't change anything. So will I not be able to use CDBurnerXP and having normal boot speeds?

I have exactly the same problem as Fritz7. After installing the Intel Matrix Storage Manager on my system (HP Pavilion dv7 with Vista Home Premium 64), it takes about 5 minutes to boot the system. After removing the Storage Manager the system boots within 1 minute.

Has anybody a solution for this problem? I've already sent an email to the Intel support, but they didn't answer yet.

Guest Fritz7

On the hp site for drivers (where you can choose your machine and system and a list of drivers appears) there's a flash update for BIOS to Version F.2A at the time. No changes for me as well. Has not a single person found the solution to that? :(

Guest MasterEvilAce

Yeah, I couldn't get it to work. Installed all the drivers I could think of... other applications detect the drive (ImgBurn).. no problems in device manager...

Running Windows 7 32bit. I'm out of ideas, and out of time. Had to ship the computer out..

Hopefully a newer version of cdburnerxp will fix it someday.

Guest Jacques Hotel

Just le me see if I have this right: I'm getting an error message when I try to burn. The msg says the is no compatible disc inserted even thought there is. I have a I have an Optiarc DCD-RW AD-7240S with Athlon chipset . If I install the AMD driver from the first post, that should work?