Sign in to follow this  
SanDiegan11

How to Access Boot Options in Vista

Trying to burn a bootable DVD from image file with CDBurnerXP 4.2.4.1322, I read the instruction: "To make a disc bootable, either use the menu (Disc → Boot Options) or click on the Boot Options button in the burning dialog. Then check the box Make disc bootable."

Somehow I can not find the way to select the Boot Options. When I opened CDBurnerXP, it went directly to the Start Screen of Action Selections. All the menu bar items are dimmed, i.e., never accessible on my Vista SP1 PC from then on.

Any help will be appreciated.

The worst aspect of CDBurnerXP is the layout of the menus, which constitute a major bug in and of themselves! Please redesign them. If users are presented with a separate option to burn an .iso (which makes no sense in the first place, since this is a data disc), of course they will select that option if they want to make a bootable disc. The information in help is completely incorrect -- there is no burn options button in the burn dialog nor is there one in preferences.

The information in help is completely incorrect -- there is no burn options button in the burn dialog nor is there one in preferences.

Could you please make that a little more clear? I'm not sure what exactly you are refering to.

I don't know how to make it much clearer -- there is no access to the boot options dialog! Why don't you try to make a bootable disc yourself?!?

Starting a data disc makes no difference: when you try to drop an .iso into it, the drop itself hangs until you answer an alert box in CDBurner asking whether you want to burn an .iso. If you click on yes, there is still no boot option button, if you click no, you have a compilation containing the .iso file. Do you plan to add the ability to burn bootable discs to CDBurnerXP?