Sign in to follow this  
Guest Thor

Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7640S ATA

Guest Thor

Help me, please!!!

My device Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7640S ATA doesn't recognized by sustem, despite that this drive is in compability list!!!

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

- Konstantin

I have the exact same problem: CDBurnerXP 4.2.4.1351 does not recognize my Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7640S ATA Device.

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate on a Dell Studio 1737.

Guest mclipsco

I report the exact same problem: Dell Studio 1737, Intel Core 2 Duo, Windows Vista Ultimate SP2, 4GB RAM

Guest nic-ko

Hi, I had the same problem. The solution is here

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=2101&OSFullName=Windows+Vista+64*〈=eng&strOSs=150&submit=Go!

That is Intel® Matrix Storage Manager. I very recommend read Readme file before installing. The Link above is for Vista 64, for another OS is valid this link http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=2101〈=eng, there you have to choose your OS. Enjoy CDBurnerXP.

Guest mummageek

Thank you Nic-ko - you've saved my sanity! The Dell technician couldn't get my driver to work but your suggestion took me about half an hour and now all's fixed! Thanks again

Guest muelgrub

But what if you are not running an Intel chipset. I have an Optiarc DCD-RW AD-7240S with Athlon chipset and I get the message that "the following type of disc is required. The process will continue automatically as soon as it has been inserted" even when I insert a DVD-RW.

What gives?

Guest carlo
I have the exact same problem: CDBurnerXP 4.2.4.1351 does not recognize my Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7640S ATA Device.

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate on a Dell Studio 1737.

hello, i also have this problem on my 1737 we are both using vista, recently the other disc drive broke so dell put this one in, i ty to burn discs but it says to put a dvd recordable disc or summin like that into it so it can burn it, i tried 2 discs which said it was dvd recordable and it still didnt work??? it might be the software or the actual disc drive???? have you had problems with your 1737 laptop-i have had 8 problems-3 with the disc drive so-its kinda shitttttt