floele

Would like to translate?

I read that Notepad++ has an XML syntax validation tool you could use. There still is a missing closing tag somewhere (or an opening tag too much) but it's hard to find without some advanced tools.

Thanks for that tip, floele.

Yeah, I was doing some little research and that tool you were talking about comes in a form of a plugin. So, from the Notepad++'s menu bar to have to go to Plugins > Plugin Manager > Show Plugin Manager. Then, you have to scroll down and check XML Tools box to install it. XML Tools includes this XML syntax validator you were talking about.

Once you restart Notepad++ to install XML Tools, open the XML document and go to Plugins > XML Tools > Check XML syntax now.

Well, I checked that file and this is what Notepad++ said:

XML Parsing error at line 3527:

Premature end of data in tag root line 2

Line 3527 doesn't exist actually. Last one is 3526: </root>. And line 2 is <root>, so I still don't understand what's wrong with my file. :wacko:

The problem is that you have an unclosed XML element before </root>. I think it will be more helpful if you check the tree structure of the XML, then at the point when it goes wrong you should also see the tree structure getting weird. Unfortunately many tools can't visualize the structure though if the syntax is wrong in the first place. Can you do this with Notepad++ (not using this tool myself)? I believe it allows you to collapse/expand nodes.

Hi KNTRO.

There were two further errors.

At

<data name="The data has been written correctly to the disc, but the number of files does not match the expected file count. Most likely, the file system structure has not been written correctly and some files will not appear on the disc.&#xD;&#xA;&#xD;&#xA;Expected file count: {0}&#xD;&#xA;Actual file count: {1}" xml:space="preserve">
  <value>Los datos se grabaron correctamente, pero la cantidad de archivos no es igual a la esperada. Es probable que la estructura del sistema de archivos no fue grabada correctamente y algunos archivos no aparezcan en el disco.&#xD;&#xA;&#xD;&#xA;Cantidad de archivos esperados: {0}&#xD;&#xA;Cantidad de archivos actuales: {1}" xml:space="preserve">
  <data>

and

<data name="You have entered CD-Text information. However, you chose to add pauses between tracks. CD-Text information can only be burned to disc, if you choose not to have any pauses.&#xD;&#xA;Do you want to burn the disc anyway (CD-Text information will be lost)?" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>Ingresaste información de CD-Text. Sin embargo, elegiste agregar pausas entre pistas. La información de CD-Text sólo puede ser grabada al disco si no elegís tener pausas.&#xD;&#xA;¿Querés grabar el disco de todas formas (la información de CD-Text se perderá)?</value>

This one should work: http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/hRc2i4nJ/file.html

I used http://www.xmlvalidation.com/ and a very simplistic Python script to find the problems, by the way. The script is not thought through, but it actually did the job. It showed indents without dedents (i.e., opening tags without matching closing tags). It should be noted that it is not a general script to find that type of errors in an XML document.

#!python

import sys

indent=0
for line in sys.stdin:
	lineparts=line.split("<")
	numlineparts=len(lineparts)
	linepartnumber=0
	for linepart in lineparts:
		linepartnumber=linepartnumber+1
		if linepart:
			if linepart[0]!='/':
				indent=indent+1
			else:
				indent=indent-1
			sys.stdout.write(linepart)
		if (linepartnumber!=numlineparts):
			sys.stdout.write("<")
	indent=indent-1
	sys.stdout.write("\n")		
	sys.stdout.write("  " * indent)

I believe that http://validator.w3.org/#validate_by_upload+with_options can be used to find this type of errors. I was curious for a more general online solution and just found it now. 

Just add ".xml" to the filename before selecting the file (to make it upload as a non-binary file) and select "utf-8 (Unicode, worldwide)" as Character encoding (so it doesn't choke on the initial UTF-8 BOM marker) and click Check.

On the result page (titled "Errors found while checking this document as XML"), go to the section "Validation Output".

floele & jhertel,

Hi guys. First of all, sorry for this delayed reply. Then, thank you for all that info, jhertel! :o Thanks a lot, I didn't know all that!

I tried compiling the file you proposed [162 KB] but I got a 981 bytes .resx file after using Language file compiler, while the current es-AR .resx file in CDBurnerXP 4.5.4.4852 has a filesize of 162 KB too.

Weird, isn't it? :huh:

Please, help me understand what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you both so much!

thank you for all that info, jhertel!

You're welcome!

I tried compiling the file you proposed [162 KB] but I got a 981 bytes .resx file after using Language file compiler, while the current es-AR .resx file in CDBurnerXP 4.5.4.4852 has a filesize of 162 KB too.

Weird, isn't it? :huh:

Well, I believe the language compiler compiles a .resx file into a .dll file, not into a .resx file. So maybe that small .resx file is another file from a previous unsuccesful compilation attempt? Look at the date on the file and see if it really was created after you used the Language file compiler.

I could compile the given .resx file into a .dll without any problems. I actually downloaded the file I posted on zippyshare and compiled that exact file to be sure we are talking about the same file.

My resulting .dll is this: http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/NYVxovmv/file.html (renamed to Strings.es-AR.dll so it should be ready to use).

So it seems like there is nothing wrong with the .resx file. Are you sure you did not get a .dll file at around 140 KB after compiling?

I used version 1.0.0.0 of LangCompile from 2013-02-15. 

jhertel,

Once more, thank you a lot, dude! You are really helping me a lot, I mean it. :) Thank you for your patience and for showing me where I was doing wrong. My full respect. ;)

floele,

Thanks to jhertel, I was finally able to make my locale work! :lol:Here's the result! However, I noted that some strings are not fully/properly displayed, because are long. Below some examples:

ege3wi.png

k9z6sj.png

So, could you enlarge windows' sizes and button's spaces in order to fix the text? Or should I shorten strings instead, even if some expressions get "forced"?

Thanks to you both again!

Hi again floele!

Been a long time, ain't it? But I'm back with my revision. I tested it a little and everything seemed good so far. I think you can add it to CDBXP. I will fix anything if necessary in the future.

Best.

Hi floele,

I have installed CDBurnerXP 4.5.5.5767 and I noted I wasn't included in the Help > About window, under Translators section. So sad… :(

Translators are only added there upon request for obvious privacy reasons ;)

If you would like to be added there, please send me your desired display name and I'add you for the next release.