Would like to translate?

floele

Well, I have a total of four contact buttons: E-mail, ICQ; Jabber, MSN. There should be at least one of them usable for you ;)

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Hi, i'm trying to translate CDBXP to Estonian (et-EE), maybe i need some help, because doing this firstly...

i use ResLocaliser Alpha 1.00.1421.391

one of reason why i started to do that - it will be my term paper at the univercity (so i hope) =)

p.s. am i correctly understand that all what i need to do - is translate all expressions at strings.resx using for example ResLocaliser??? If so.. what next?

• 3 months later...
p.s. am i correctly understand that all what i need to do - is translate all expressions at strings.resx using for example ResLocaliser??? If so.. what next?

hi madz,

i don't think this is the right place to ask like this mate, try at this thread

i'm sure you'll get the answer there... so everyone who have same question could help too...

regards...

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I saw that some german translations are missing on the website. I tried to create the translations by following this: "You've followed a link to a topic that doesn't exist yet. If permissions allow, you may create it by using the Create this page button. " But registering did not work and I cannot find a "Create this page" button. Now my questions:

1. Is it wished that I help you with translating these sites?

2. If yes, how should I do this?

Greetings

Christian

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

hello. i've noticed that since some time ago the pt_BR translation is fully in english. looking into the .resx file, seems that it is in that way since at least 08 Dec 2011. i think that i can do it easily, but i would like to know if there's already someone working on that. oh yess, the install script also contains some words in pt_PT. that isn't an real problem, but we don't choose the same words to the same things, despite the language looks the same. so, could be nice fix that too

oh yes, this forum doesn't seems to be firefox friendly. the registration process didn't worked with that and log into the forum was also denied

thanks for the burning tool that is helping me since long ao

[]s

i've noticed that since some time ago the pt_BR translation is fully in english

Huh? I actually see a lot of translated words there. At which file are you looking?

well, i've selected the brazilian translation, as follows:

originalp.gif

of course, i've restarted CdburnerXP after apply it. the result is this:

sample.gif

i'm not sure if this is an problem with the translated file or if is an issue with the template, but sometimes i us to translate things just as an learning exercise and i did it from scrath, because the current translated file is fully in english. i'm able to read several other languages, so i did an simple test: i've downloaded a few other ones. may be my mistake, but the only one that is fully in english is this one. so, it may be an small issue

anyway, in the translation that was avaiable the last time that it was working (before an update replace it by the one that is fully in english) had some expressions that wasn't translated and also had a few ones in PT-PT. our language may look the same, but their choice for certain things isn't the same. by instance, in pt-pt they "store" files and we "save"

i don't know if the current translator will like it, but i've translated by my own free will. so, he may have some use for it or not. attached to this post, it's the translation that i did (sorry, but i don't know how to test it)

just an silly question: when i've tried ResLocalizer, i've only saw a couple of sentences to translate and the whole thing toke me 2 days to translate. i'm missing something?

oh yes, this happens with the x64 minimal compilation. i'm not sure if the same thing happens to the other compilations, because i didn't tested it

thanks

[]s

Hm, seems to be a mistake indeed, I reset the pt-BR translation to the last "working" version. Expect a fix in the next release. You're welcome to contribute with your own translation, but for now it is still actively maintained. May I get back to you when help is needed?

of course. i also can look for the things that are without translation and point it to help him. sometimes, tired eyes don't see silly things. oh yes, in the install script, there's an part that say "ficheiros", that is an word that is common in Portugal, but not in Brazil. if i'm not mistaken, that should be "arquivos" (files)

[]s

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi Flo,

I just had a look at the current Danish translation, and it is quite flawed with a lot of spelling errors, a few wrong translations and 37 missing translations.

I wonder if I can take over the Danish translation and in that way give something back for my years of using this excellent program?

I am an excellent speller in Danish, I have very good knowledge of the English language (I speak it daily) and I am also a good and experienced translator. I am the current Danish translator of MyPhoneExplorer and have been so for the last couple of years.

I even happen to be a software developer with 29 years of experience, so I probably won't have any trouble with the technical details of the translation process.

What do you say? Is it okay that I take over the translation?

I have already downloaded ResLocalizer, created a project, and I am ready to start.

Jesper

• 1 year later...

Hi all.

I am KNTRO, this is my very first post in the forum, I'm a longtime CDBurnerXP user though. ;)

I want to contribute to this fantastic piece of software by offering you a fixed language file for the es-AR locale [Español (Argentina); Spanish (Argentina)]. The current one was a little messy and some strings were outdated. I reviewed the file and fixed a lot of strings, as well as updated some others.

I tried to post this message in the forum Translation (for translators) but it seemed I don't have the rights to do it, so I'm posting here instead.

I've done almost everything what is said here, but I'm facing a trouble — There's an issue with the latest line of the language file:

Error de parseo XML: etiqueta sin par. Se esperaba: </data>.
Lugar: file:///O:/test.xml
Línea 3528, Columna 3:

</root>
--^

Line 3528, column 3, it says </data> was expected instead of </root> so I don't know what to do here, since it's the latest line, it should be </root>, shouldn't it?

I've not been even able to attach that language file to this post [I/O error], so I uploaded it to Zippyshare, if someone wants to give it a try.

Obviously, I can't compile yet the resx file into DLL since there's something not working in this resx file. I will appreciate if anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you very much in advance!

Thanks, please check line 2722, you didn't use a closing tag (</data>) but an opening tag (<data>) there. I also added you to the translators group in advance.

Hi again floele,

This is the best I could do so far. Please, check it out when you have some free time, and tell me, if the case, what's wrong with that file that I'm still not able to compile it. :(

Thanks in advance.