Sign in to follow this  
evilmonkey

[C] Full UNC Paths?

We run a large network with around 1500 machines and are looking at implementing your product. We have run into an issue though. We redirect our users mydocuments folder to point to the UNC path of their home drive which is something like \\File-Server\Staff Account Area$\Username. When you first open the application and create a CD there is no issue you can happly navigate their mydocuments folder without any issue. The problem happens when you close and then reopen CDBurnerXP and go to create a new data disk.

When you open it for the second time it obviously stores the last folder it accessed in user.config, and therefore it attempts to reconnect to this UNC path \\File-Server\Staff Account Area$\Username. When it does it displays the following error

FolderView1

\\File-Server\Staff Account Area$ is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Now you will notice that the error doesn't show the full path, I think I know what is causing it. Contained in each of our \\File-Server\Staff Account Area$ are around 500 accounts, so for security reasons users have share permissions at this level but cannot list the folder directory, to stop them listing all user accounts intentionally or accidentally. I presume the error is that your software is attempting to folder list \\File-Server\Staff Account Area$\ before it gets to \\File-Server\Staff Account Area\Username and therefore failing as no user has permission to access this area.

Could this be adjusted or have an option for us to enfore the default folder that it navigates to so that users don't receive this error.

This is easily replicated

1) Create a Folder on a machine called user

2) Create a folder inside called test

3) Share the user folder to allow an account access

4) Change file(NotShare) permission, remove all permissions from this user

5) on the Test folder change the File permissions to allow your user full access to it and its sub folders

6) Copy a couple files in here.

From another machine

Open CD Burner XP - create DATA disk- Type the full path \\machinename\user\test in to the dropdown box above the top left hand window and press enter

This will display the folder listing on the other machine.

Close the app

Reopen the app and the error will be displayed.

If there isn't away to quickly fix the alternative would be away to force the startup directory to a specified drive letter.

I've just tested this in the new version but still receiving the error, just wondering if you thought you had resolved this or if it will be resolved in a future release?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.