Sign in to follow this  
Guest nana

encrypted writing

Guest nana

It would be cool if there would be the possibility to burn encrypted for example using truecrypt to encrypt and burn those file that then can be mounted using truecrypt again

As i know you can burn encrypted files with CD B XP Pro. Simple burn them as data files and in future you will be able to decrypt it any time you need. Sure, you need to use special encrypting software, but it is no problem. I think that first target of CD B XP Pro team is developing of the burner and not to split their time and skills to developing something what is just developed.

Have a nice day

Buk

quite useless to implement since almost all pay/free zip programs can encrypt, as well as several free dedicated programs:

http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/secur ... crypt.html

Not familiar with truecrypt, but could you create the volume and burn the whole volume onto a disc? (as in...doesn't it create a file you can burn onto a data compilation? you won't be able to write to it though)

Guest nana

Well making a container file (for example 4.4 gb) and buring that one to dvd is what I do right now..but this is only writable as udf and not really useable under linux or other os like that. Plus it is dead slow to mount like that... I guess it would be better in a way if truecrypt could generate isos that can be burned and mounted afterwards then...

Hi

Exactly, its kindly heavy to create a big volume, to add files onto it, to burn it...

It would be nice to have a feature that can encrypt and RAW burn it onto CD/DVD.

I do that too and it takes very much long times.