HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GS20N ATA Device

Guest Selectaa

The drive"HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GS20N ATA Device" won't work with Windows 7 build 7229 x64

• 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest asdf

Sorry to dredge up such an old thread, but I'm also having problems with the HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GS20N on Windows 7 64-bit. (I'm using a Dell Studio XPS 1340 laptop.) The drive can read fine using CDex, but both CDBurnerXP and DeepBurner fail to recognize it. Windows describes it as a "DVD RW Drive," but I think I'm missing a driver... I remember using CDBurnerXP on this same machine with W7 32-bit and being prompted to install an AHCI driver, but I can't find any information about it online. Any suggestions would be awesome -- thanks!

• 3 months later...
Guest DL

I have the same problem with Windows 7 64 bit Professional. It was caused by a corrupted entry in the register. The FixIt and all those other tools doesn't help. All they do is try to reinstall the driver. I end up fixing the problem by editing the register as outlined in the Microsoft KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060.