Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wes Nathan

Help! Malware has taken over my burners

Guest Wes Nathan

Hope you folks can help me with this. Some how, some way, a malware program has gotten into my computer and taken over the disc burning process. I have three burner programs, and it won't allow any of them to burn discs, or even identify a drive letter. It continues to insist I download an NMH burner program to do this, whatever that is.

I ran an anti malware scanner but it didn't find the problem (Malwarebytes Anti Malware) My anti virus program has been unable to find anything wrong (AVG).

Thus far, it only wants to control the burner process. But who knows what's next.

Is there a formidable tough scanner that can be run from online that can find and delete this program? Any help will be appreciated.

Wes

Hi Wes....

If Malwarebytes cannot find the problem, it's likely not malware causing it. It may be some other conflict. My suggestion will be time consuming, but it will get your whole PC running better.

--- back up all important data to an external hard drive

--- erase your hard drive 100%

--- Load Windows and all device drivers from scratch

--- Do all high priority updates thru Windows update

--- Load all of your programs and data files back to your pc

This should take care of your problem.

Good Luck,

Gene

Guest Bobo

it's malware causing that problem...recently I got rid of a malware like that...you should download Prevx CSI 3.0..and you will see how many viruses you have....also you can download combofix...it's free...worked for me!!!!