Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rich Jaffke

[C] Span multiple disks

Guest Rich Jaffke

I dearly wish you would enhance CDBurnerXP so that if the data is too large to fit onto one disk it will span it over as many disks as needed. I would like this to be simple so that it will process files in order of folder/filename and when it encounters a file that will not fit on the disk it would then eject that disk and continue with a new disk.

Thanks for considering this.

Guest conlenco

Ohhhh this would be so cool as I want to do the same thing... and you already have the coolest, most functional, beautiful freeware code going! Thanks for your hard work and kind heart.

Guest taipan (not logged in)

This would really be a suitable addition... going hand in hand with another burning library (with correct UDF file system handling) I finally could take up burning my digital images regularly again.

Guest dmckl

Echoing what others have said. The ability to span multiple discs would be really helpful. Please please please!

Guest bigdog517

Count me in on this one. It would certainly make things even better than they are. I love this software. :D

The main or perhaps only thing that is missing is disk spanning. Even better if the disk spanning could automatically split folders (normally files are relatively small compared with the size of a disk, but in principle, file splitting would be of use too), and not just allocate between disks files and folders that in aggregate exceed the volume of one disk but which are each smaller than the volume of one disk. I have yet to see a folder splitter, so I do not know if it is possible to split folders, but file splitters are not uncommon.