Sign in to follow this  
Guest JamesTheScripter

NMService off in 1420 on in 1430 Are Policies Reset??

Guest JamesTheScripter

Flo

I installed 1420 on several machines and I am having problems with standard users using the software. I will need to update to 1430 but I want to make sure that the policies are changed back to there default settings.

In 1430 do you change the policies back to the default???

Thanks.

quote:

Secondly, the NMSAccess service for device access from limited user accounts is no longer installed, instead, two group policy settings are modified (allocatecdroms = 1, allocatedasd = 2). So if you install the new version, it attempts to uninstall the service. Preferably you check that this step actually worked (Start->Run->services.msc), because no setup packages will include install/uninstall feature for this service anymore.

Only allocatecdroms is set. The other one hasn't caused seriosu problems so far and since I don't know for what reason "allocatedasd = 2" might be on your system, I prefer not to change it back everytime running the setup.

Guest JamesTheScripter

It is just the before 1420 install everything worked perfectly. I would like to make sure any changes 1420 did to the systems are changed back to before the 1420 install. Some systems had no software installed others were upgraded.

I would like to make sure that the 1430 version changes settings back to the settings before 1420 since everything worked so well. I don't want to install the 1430 version then find out the polices remain and I still have issues. I don't want to visit the machines more than once.

If the 1430 does not change them back let me know and I will script a change if you don't want to change the installer. No big issue just trying to save time, and or possible problems.

Are these changes in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Thanks!!