Sign in to follow this  
Insomniacno1

Data DVD with Divx video not working in DVD player

I'm using 4.0.022.370 in Vista home premium 32bit, and the data DVD with Divx video files works fine and can be read on my laptop, but when using it in my Phillips DVD player I only get Bad Disc. This with several disc now. As I said they read fine in the laptop as data disc, and before when I burned with Toshiba Disc creator it worked fine, so it must be some kind of incompatibility.

The reason for using CDBurnerXP is that those stupid people at Toshiba has made this laptop with a drive that can "get lost" in Vista(several issues about this on the net) and when I installed the fix Toshiba disc creator didn't work anymore, I say stupid people because in order to get Toshiba disc creator working again you have to reinstall it and it does not come on a cd, neither will Toshiba support send it to me or let me download it - no you have to reinstall the whole Laptop just to get that programme back.

I have used CDBurnerXP before, ver. 3.x.... on my XP pc, and it worked fine to make data DVD with divx files that could be played in the dvd player with no trouble. So I dont know whats wrong with version 4.0.022.370.

So if someone have a suggestion on how to get this working again then I will be happy to hear it:)

Thanks in advance

JBJ

Guest stephen1

Hello, I am also experiencing this same problem.

I was primarily using another software to burn my DVD's, and everything worked fine. I wanted to try something else, and gave CDBurnerXP a shot. I am also using Vista, and after burning my divX files, they won't play on my DVD player (shows "Bad Disc"), but the files show up normally when placed in the computer.

Hi:) No I didn't since thefunction I wanted to use was the Data burning. Meaning making a Data DVD-RW with divx files that then is read by a DVD player. I can say that using Ashampoo's program works fine burning data DVD-RW and I'm not the only one who have had this issue, try looking through this forum then you will see alot.

I do hope you will get it fixed bc I do like your programme alot better than all the rest on the market:)

Regards

JBJ

A disc with UDF file system still is a data disc, you need to choose it from Disc -> File system.

bc I do like your programme alot better than all the rest on the market:)

I never had to do that before when using earlier versions of your programme so what is the difference now?

Before version 4 everything worked just fine, except that there were no vista support.

Regards

JBJ

i go it to work on my Philips DVP5982. Is click on Disc|File System and check ISO9660 and also make sure Iso level = levet 1. This mode is the most compatiable mode with divx playing dvd players and cd players that play mp3s. I hope this helps people out cheers.

Its not that you need to get it to work by bypassing the probleme, its that there is a probleme 8)

If its surpose to work with mode 2 and xa then its surpose to work with that!

Many people have now repported to this forum that there is a probleme, so its generel now.

Im happy for you if yours are working, but there still is a bug in the programme, and that has to be addressed by the author when he has the time for it:)

We all know that this is a freeware programme so dont complain, instead repport the bug.

Later when the author fix all the errors then maybe this programme will be one you can buy after a trial periode and it would not surprise me if it gets to be better than Nero(which now is way too big and too complicated with an ugly Gui - I mean I can easily figure it out but my mom at 80 can't).

Regards

JBJ

Guest slavei2001@yahoo.com

I solve this problem whith file sistem : iso 9660/joliet ; iso level 2(31)

(buton DISC next FILE SYSTEM)

Guest mass_konfuzion

I second that--after burning several coasters (which will probably work in a more advanced DVD player), I was able to get videos to work on my DVD player using the plain-old ISO 9660 file system and Level 2 (31 character support).