Sign in to follow this  
justicentyme

Burning Error Occurred Suddenly On A Particulaar File

Our church has a CD ministry and I burn 110+ CDs per month for free distribution.

I have burned hundreds of CDs without any problem using version 4.2.4.1351 and an LG model GSA-E60L external drive at 48X.

This evening I got a Burning Error Occurred for the first time. I burned three other files with no problem and then tried that file again. The same error occurred. I then attempted to write the CD using the drive in the computer and it worked with no problem. However this drive is only 24X and greatly slows down the process and also I have never did the simulation prior to starting a session so I wasted several CDs.

http://luannsplace.com/James/Computer/FailedWrite.jpg

I enabled logging and did a simulation which also failed but can't seem to find the log file.

Any ideas??

Thanks

James

Thank you for your response.

If you notice in the original post I mentioned that I ended up burning that PARTICULAR file on a different drive.

However , I burned other files on the that drive before and after I experienced the problem.

For those reasons I do not believe that there is a problem with the drive. For some odd reason CDBXP doesn't want to burn that PARTICULAR file on that drive. It will burn the file on another drive or burn other files on that drive.

I will just use the simulation feature in the future and if I have another issue burn to another drive.

Thanks again for the response.

James

PS I upgraded to the latest version and the response when attempting to burn that PARTICULAR file was the same.