New Tool for translating CDBurnerXP

I'm afraid you can't add translations of strings that don't exist in the original file. Currently ResLocalizer is strictly a tool for translating strings in a single resource file to another language and keeping track of changes made to the original file that is being translated.

If you need more features like adding strings that don't exist in the original file, editing the original file, or managing non-string resources you might be looking for a full featured resource editor. Have a look at http://www.zeta-resource-editor.com/.

I'm afraid you can't add translations of strings that don't exist in the original file.

I don't think he needs that though. At least not for translating CDBXP.

Hmm, you have a point, Flo.

Joey: From the screenshot I guess what you are trying to do is to translate CDBurnerXP to Canadian French and want to base it on the current French translation. If this is correct, your project is not configured properly. This is what you can try to do:

1. First install the new version of ResLocalizer. See first post for a download link.

2. Prepare by downloading the French resx file.

3. Create a new project in ResLocalizer.

4. Choose to continue working on an existing translation.

5. Select CDBurnerXP as template.

6. When asked if you want to download a language file from the web, answer yes.

7. As "Translated file", select the original French file. Do not change "Original file".

New version released today (1.00.1741.1490). Only minor changes:

• [*:pqdb8n4d]Bug fix: the language could not be changed in Project wizard.
    [*:pqdb8n4d]Language is now auto-detected from existing target file name.

Link to new version is found in first post.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.