floele

New public beta version: 4.3

floele   

Hi all,

this time, I'm going to release a public beta version, which hasn't happened for quite a long while now.

However, I am not calling this version "beta" as excuse for the bugs it still contains, but because

a) it is more or less untested (tests done by developers don't count)

B) it is not finished yet (couple of features missing)

c) there still is an unlicensed and beta version of the StarBurn buring library included. This means that you'll get an annoying message box each time you use the audio burning features.

The two major changes are the use of the StarBurn burning library for audio discs (which should work somewhat better than the NMS library, and will also allow CD-Text) and the removal of MDI structures.

If still dare testing this version, download it from http://download.cdburnerxp.se/cdbxp_set ... 1.1500.exe

Any feedback is appreciated and needed, please use this thread for comments.

Guest Craig Evs   
Guest Craig Evs

Installed ok, but it didn't detect my CD Drive, 4.2 does fine - I think normally 4.2 pops a Dos box up to detect the drive???... 4.3 didn't.

Also OK buton doesn't seem to work on first screen/type selector, you have to double click on your selection.

I'm using Windows 7 RC.

Thanks,

Craig.

floele   

No, there shouldn't be a DOS box. Doesn't it detect the drive both in audio and data? Because data should actually remain unchanged.

Guest Craig Evs   
Guest Craig Evs

I've just tried installing cdbxp_setup_4.2.5.1490 and it detects my drive fine. Then reinstalled cdbxp_setup_4.3.1.1500 and it can't find it again.

It's the same in data and audio. Forget what I said about the DOS box, must have been something from ages ago.

Here's the screen shots.....

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/259483/cdxp_detect_4.2.5.png

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/259483/cdxp_ ... _4.3.1.png

You can see my drive type in the screenshots, but basically its a DVD RW that coms with my HP Pavilian Slimline Desktop, if you need any more information about the drive, let me know and I'll try and get it you.

By the way I love the Idea of CD-Text, my car adio system recognises it, so if I can get your software working it would be fantastic.

Thanks

Craig.

Guest Craig Evs   
Guest Craig Evs

Just tried it on my work PC and again it can't detect a drive their either.

floele   

Thanks for checking that, I need to look into it. Unfortunately, I have no idea yet why it would stop working with the new version...

Guest Sylvain St-Amand (sst)   
Guest Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Hi, ...

Windows 7 RC Build 7100 x64, 8 Gig Ram

The beta V4.3.1.1500, dont detect my CD/DVD Burner.

The V4.2.5.1490, detect my CD/DVD Burner.

---

I will test with XP Compatibility Mode, ... in some minutes, ...

---------------------------

Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

sst   

Hi, ...

Windows 7 RC Build 7100 x64, 8 Gig Ram

---

I have to use Compatiblity mode, and select (Windows XP or Windows Vista).

If i dont use compatibility mode inside Windows 7, [it dont detect the "CD/DVD/, ... Burner/Reader"].

The beta V4.3.1.1500, now detect my CD/DVD Burner.

---

Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

sst   

Hi, ...

Windows 7, RC Build 7100 x64 Ultimate, 8 Gig Ram

---

I also try = "Windows XP Mode - Virtual PC", inside Windows 7 Ultimate.

-

inside that "Windows XP Mode - Virtual PC", mode, the CDBurnerXP software detect a CD/DVD Burner, [as = "MS, ... Burner"], but it's not the same name that inside, "Windows XP Compatibility". Also, CDBurnerXP dont detect as it can write on a optical disk. Also, CDBurnerXP detect that it can read on an optical disk.

---

Sylvain St-Amand (sst)

Guest Anton Kolomyeytsev   
Guest Anton Kolomyeytsev

Hi,

If you want dedicated StarBurn SDK license for CDBurnerXP just contact me anton@rocketdivision.com and you'll get it!

Free of charge of course and fully supported.

Thanks a lot for doing extremely good job!

Anton Kolomyeytsev

CEO, Rocket Division Software

Guest Viper   
Guest Viper

Hi,

Until now, lack of support for CD-Text with audio CDs in CDBurnerXP was the only reason for me not using CDBurnerXP. I guess this changes with v4.3. :))

I have just finished burning an audio CD and checked it in my car stereo. Unfortunately, since the CD has no "album artist" and "album title" texts, the stereo won't show the rest of the CD-Texts for each track. :(

1. I could not find where to provide "album artist" and "album title" for the entire CD. Is this feature there, but hidden somewhere in the UI? It seems that this is really necessary for an audio CD to show the rest of its track information.

2. The "Track # by Tag" column didn't seem to work for me in the CDBunerXP UI. All tracks showed a value of "0".

3. I would like to be able to manually adjust the column widths in the dropbox area. Currently they are fixed.

4. I would like to be able to edit the texts of each track in the dropbox area once they are pulled fom the added tracks. I do this occasionally, so this is not urgent.

Cheers.

Viper

And THANK YOU for providing this software for FREE!

floele   

1. Not yet possible, but will be with the next beta.

2. Works fine for me. Make sure that your MP3 files are properly tagged.

4. Why would you? It doesn't affect the resulting audio discs.

Viper   

1. Not yet possible, but will be with the next beta. Viper: Thanks. :)

2. Works fine for me. Make sure that your MP3 files are properly tagged. Viper: Did some investigating and found the following: (1) For files tagged with a single number as track no. it works (2) For files tagged with a track no. in the format of "#/(total)" (e.g., 4/12) it doesn't work (shows "0" as value)

3. Viper: Would be nice to have. :)

4. Why would you? It doesn't affect the resulting audio discs. Viper: As I said I do that very occasionally. Sometimes a tag needs fixing or I want to change what text is written to the audio CD, then I would edit it. The idea is that what is edited is written to the audio CD. Not a biggie as I said, since I don't do this very often, but would be a nice-to-have.

Thanks Flo.

-Viper

floele   

Actually, changes to the tags will not be visible on the audio disc currently. And in the next version, there'll be a special dialog for CD-Text. Maybe there'll be a simple ID3 tag editor one day, but since that is not the core functionality of CDBurnerXP, don't expect too much.

Guest Bob99   
Guest Bob99

I hate to criticize because I am no code writer/programmer. But I am sorry to see the StarBurn link. I have tried their burner app in the past and was not pleased. Some of the slowest to load stuff I've ever ran for a burner app. Plus, they bundle some unneeded/unwanted media "tools" with it, which always makes me curious about what is going on. From their current EULA: "Accepting this agreement means that you understand that Software comes with additional third-party software product (namely SkyMedia Tools) and that the latest will be installed on my system. Hereby you grant Rocket Division Software the right to do such installation on your behalf." Sorry but no thanks!!! There is no way to load the burner without excepting these "tools". It's none of my business how you create and maintain your program. But I doubt if I will be interested in CDBurnerXP from 4.3 on...

Guest des   
Guest des

CDBurnerXP is the best burner I have ever had. It is almost the same function like Nero Burning Room, but FREE and easy to install... thnk you very much...

Guest Rizaud   
Guest Rizaud

I really very pleased from your work. You did a fine job. Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood. i have tried many burning software.but i found your software is very usefull, even on windows 7 also. All prayers are with you. keep it up. i think from all the softwares ie shareware or freeware, this software is on top the list. because it is very user friendly, and there is no error mistake while working on it. nero sometimes shows mistake while making bootable windows cd / dvd. but this software 'cdburnerxp' has speachless features. thanks man. May u Prosper in your life.