Skatan

CDBurnerXP crashes

Hi there,

for some days I have the following problem using CDBurnerXP (tried different versions). When I burn a disc an disc finishes I get the message that burning was successful. From now an CDBurnerXP hangs and I'm not able to terminate it, not even killing the process. And: I also can't kill or start other applications and no shutdown is possible. Only way to get my system back is to reset. Burning from another application works. Burning under Vista works.

Does anyone know what may be the problem?

Skatan

Hi

I just sent a message after yours- i got a similar problem

tell me if you can eject the DVD disk- from my side, I can't and I think I should reset the laptop

thanks

hi!

no, I can't eject cd/dvd. i'm really sad, because i love this program. I am not sure if this is a cdburnerxp problem, may be a system issue, but i can't find out what may be the problem.

I am having a similar problem since I upgraded to version 4.0.024.439. (I am using Windows XP Pro.) :? CDBurnerXP completes the burn OK, but then locks up. I then use Windows Task Manager to terminate the program. If I want to burn another disc I have to reload the program, but it once again locks up after completing the burn process. :(

Hi Flo:

I am currently using CDBXP version 4.0.024.439. I upgraded from version 4.0.022.370.

Here is some detailed information regarding the process that leads CDBXP to stop responding.

1: Load CDBXP

2: Insert a DVD-RW

3: Burn data to DVD-RW

4: Burn completes & I click on OK.

5: Disc is ejected (I pre-selected this option.)

6: I click "Cancel" on the Burn Disc window

7: CDBXP window opens once again (everything still works).

8: I reinsert DVD and click on "Ignore previous sessions" when the window appears.

9: CDBXP is now unresponsive. (NOTE: about 1 out of 10 times this does not occur -- i.e. CDBXP is responsive and I can burn another disc.)

Hello--

I am having the same problem. CDBurnerXP successfully burns a disk, but then hangs. I cannot cancel, or burn another disc. I cannot even seem to close the application with Task Manager. When this happens other programs start to have problems, and I have to hard reboot my machine.

I am using Windows XP. Unlike some of the others, I did not experience the problem after upgrading CDBurnerXP, it just started happening. I tried to fix it in fact by uninstalling (I believe the version was ) and installing a newer version (4.0.024.439).

I suspect something else that changed in my system has created an incompatibility. In the time since I last burned discs with CDBurnerXP, I switched antivirus programs (was using Macafee, now using BitDefender). I have also installed many Microsoft XP updates.

--Jim

Same problem here. I had version 3, uninstalled the whole thing and installed Version 4. Since then It's causing me problems that i can not end CDBurnerXP properly. I only tried one CD so far. 1st time it got stuck finalising the CD, No way to end the program. Then it was able to finish the CD but then just crashed forcing me to restart.

In the FAQ it says " The Comodo Personal Firewall is known to cause problems" I do have the Comodo Firewall installed on my system.

So my question is do i have to remove the firewall or just exit the application before starting CDBurnerXP? I don't even know if this is my problem and i want to try several times to find out. I don't have anything to burn on CD at the moment anyway.

Usually, this Firewall causes problems at startup, so I am not very confident that uninstalling will help. But if you still want to try, you can use the "Software" part in the control panel.

As DarkTsunami enumerates CDBurnerXP freezes after a successful burn session. On my system it freezes the entire OS even the Task Manager cannot kill it. The only solution is to reboot the system by using the reset button. This is unacceptable for any Windows app.

Another fine feature is revealed when you have CDBurnerXP opened and you insert a blank CD, this opens another instance of the application...and both are frozen (or soon will be). I see no reason for this behavior, especially when the first instance needs a blank CD.

CDBurnerXP appears to be a good idea, but this freeze-up issue makes it totally unusable for me. There should be a quick fix released for this problem, but none appears to be forthcoming. For now I will reinstall Nero 7 to burn my CDs and DVDs.

Hello everybody,

>i use xp pro sp2 with memorex twentyfour max burner<

In my case, it s when i re install cdburnerxp pro after a complete format of my harddisk.

when i launch a session for audio or data, the software crash !!!

i uninstalled it several times but the result is alway the same...so the solution for me is burnatonce ; for the moment ?

Thanks

:firefox:

I guess lrj444 means the same that i experience: I start CDBurnerXP and click on "Create Data" or "Create Audio". Which one doesn't care, after some seconds of non-response the crashhandler opens ("Sorry for this ..."). If i click on ignore, the application continues. Though i did not test if one can burn afterwards. I filled the crashhandler information twice, if this is of help for you. And you can see the screencast.

Olaf

So what about this scenario:

1) Start CDBurnerXP

2) Insert a blank CD

3) Another windows (instance) of CDBurnerXP opens

Would not the default action be to either use the current window or ask if you want to open another CDBurnerXP window. I guess I could start another thread, but this one seems to be active.

BTW CDBurnerXp does not crash for me it hangs (freezes) the system. If you have a way to get you debugging info I'd be happy to accommodate, but as it is there apparently is a problem with several users reporting "crashes" or system freezes. Software conflicts are difficult to track down, but my system is fairly vanilla.

After hearing the distinction, I would agree that my recent experience with CDBurnerXP is not just that it creates a "crash" but occasions a "system freeze."

Bad, very bad, mojo.

I would not be bothering to write this if I had not had many months of problem-free experience with CDBBurnerXP. I like its UI, and appreciate all the hard work that must have gone into creating it.

I wish I could continue to rely on it.

--Jim

@ogroeger:

Thanks, that is interesting to see. I'll look into it as soon as I have the time, I'll probably have to request additional information from you though.

I just downloaded the software and hour ago and it still has the same problem. It locked up on 2 computers I am using. It seems to do it if the software is open and running for a long time. My wife was making a CD and she was going through our MP3 library, it took her about 3 hours to find 16 songs she wanted to burn, she clicked the burn and the software locked up. We had to completely reboot the computer to unlock the software. After reboot we put all the songs back and it burned. I then downloaded the newest version and the we built the CD all over and it burned well. Then I had her start a new CD and it took her a while to pick the songs....and again the software locked up. Seems that if the software is open for a long time it locks up.

Both machines Windows XP Pro SP2 + all windows updates/patches, P4, 1gig RAM. One is a laptop and the other a desktop, both DELL, hope that helps.

Can't tell if 4.1.1.660 still blocks the system as this version crashes frequently with Visual Basic Error message.

Don't have the exact error at the moment, will post it the next time i try to use CDBurnerXP.

It looks as if the problem I'm having isn't unique. I installed version 4.0 on my newly built (in January) PC which uses WIN XP Pro SP2. I burned a CD successfully, then I tried a rewritable DVD+RW. From that point on, the program will hang my entire system. By that, I mean the burn process seems to complete, but the interface showing the progress of the burn looks odd in the area of the progress bar. At that point, if I try to stop the burn progress box (by clicking on the X in the upper right-hand corner), the application ceases to respond. Task manager allows me to try to stop the application, but never can stop it. Messages come up asking if I want to send a report to Microsoft (never!), and I can't get rid of the dialog box or the main application. If I try to access the DVD drive using any other application, that application freezes up, too (including Windows Explorer). The ONLY way I can get anything to work again is to hit the reset button on the PC, forcing a re-boot. This problem occurs every time I use CDBurner XP now, whether with CDs or DVDs (rewriteable or not rewriteable). The DVD drive works fine to read DVDs and CDs - it's only when I try to burn something with CDBurner XP (the whole reason I got CDBurner XP in the first place!). I love the concept, but it appears there's a bug that's fatal. PLEASE PLEASE find a fix soon!

ugfrog