Sign in to follow this  
floele

New public beta version: 4.2.6

Hi everyone,

you might wonder, why we have a new beta 4.2.6 if we already had 4.3? Well, in nutshell CDBurnerXP won't work properly if we bump the version up to 4.3.x on Windows 7. So for a while, we need to stick with 4.2.x.

Anyway, you may now try the new beta: http://download.cdburnerxp.se/cdbxp_set ... 6.1669.exe

It should be quite stable (so far I only know a minor GUI problem), and contains a bunch of new features.

- CD-Text

- Pause length for audio discs (was already present in the previous beta)

- Optional message boxes

- Support for the APE audio format

- Rewritten command line version. Should basically have the same functionality, but this time, it should actually work (thanks to the new StarBurn component)

- StarBurn is now used for audio discs, burning ISOs and erasing discs, so these areas of CDBurnerXP should work somewhat more reliably. Without 100% CPU usage and the like.

Have fun...and please give some feedback here :)

Edit: Updated to 4.2.6.1669 with a couple of bug fixes.

[...]

- StarBurn is now used for audio discs, burning ISOs and erasing discs, so these areas of CDBurnerXP should work somewhat more reliably. Without 100% CPU usage and the like.

Nice, thanks!

So I guess that burning a data disk (compilation of files) the programs doesn't use StarBurn and so we still have the 100% cpu usage right?

Anyway, thanks for this release and nice to see the improvements!

Nice job! :)

Guest Radomi

Hey, Flo! Nice work there. Just to inform you that, on opening data disc mode, erase option from disc menu crashes. Probably not yet implemented as choosing erase disc mode works fine. Should it not call the same window?

Hi Flo,

The CD-Text feature works like a charm!!!! The recent update (4.2.6.1637) also fixes two issues I wanted to report, but you/someone beat me to it. :-)

I have one request though. For me, adding CD artist and title is a mandatory step for CD-TEXT (since my car stereo does not display track text if the CD is missing an artist and title). Currently, the dialog box is accessed in CDBurnerXP from the Disc => CD-Text menu. The mouse travel to the top of the screen and then two clicks makes it a bit obscure and cumbersome to access. I was wondering if you could simply put a "CD-Text" button (to open the CD-Text dialog box) in the dropzone bar (perhaps next to "No. of Copies")? Or even better, add the "Artist" and "Title" fields directly to the dropzone bar?

Thanks.

Viper

While this would make it somewhat faster for you, I believe that it would somewhat clutter the interface. Maybe right-clicking in the list is an option for you?

I am not so sure about the right-click option; it is still two clicks and "hidden" from view (you don't see it unless you right-click the interface).

I am still kind of looking for a single-click "in-your-face" option, like a button or icon near the dropzone area. I am not sure if the addition of an often-to-be-used feature would be cluttering the interface.

It's your call. :)

-Viper

Guest Radomir

This version is working fine here - audio CD's and image burning and erasing disc. Eagerly waiting for complete transition to StarBurn library. That is the plan, right? Did you get the SDK free as someone offered?

Cool version. Faster than 4.2.5 and useful features.

Where do you want ideas/requests for things that are new in THIS version?

Also if I find bugs that are new in this version, but not present in another versions, should I report them here?

For the case that it will never be able to have both CD-Text and gaps between the tracks there should be a little change IMO. Will it be possible to have both together? (Doesn't matter how long it will take)

If I add CD-Text and choose "Burn" the setting is always set to having gaps between the tracks (Track-at-once). If I continue without changing it I get the warning that CD-Text wont be written to disc if I choose to have gaps. CDBurnerXP should change the setting to "no gabs" (disc-at-once) if the user enters a CD-Text.

If I clear the files (on audio-CD creation) with the button that is for that purpose the CD-Text remains. There could be a option in the preferences to enable clearing the CD-Text too.

Nice would be if CDBurnerXP would guess the CD-Text. Maybe with a button "Guess CD-Text" or automatically. If "Artist" is on all tracks the same then the CD-Text artist should be too. CD-Text title could be the album if that is the same on all tracks. If the prediction of CDBurner is wrong the user can change it.

Also cool would be if the burning protocol would give more detail:

- Burning process started

- Audio-CD / Data-CD

- Disc-at-once / Track-at-once

- CD-Text enabled (maybe with the actual CD-Text)

For the case that it will never be able to have both CD-Text and gaps between the tracks there should be a little change IMO. Will it be possible to have both together? (Doesn't matter how long it will take)

Technically, no. CD-Text information can only be burned when using the disc at once mode. The only workaround would be to preprocess all audio tracks and add an artifical silence to each track, then again it will take longer to prepare the tracks for burning.

If I add CD-Text and choose "Burn" the setting is always set to having gaps between the tracks (Track-at-once). If I continue without changing it I get the warning that CD-Text wont be written to disc if I choose to have gaps. CDBurnerXP should change the setting to "no gabs" (disc-at-once) if the user enters a CD-Text.

If I clear the files (on audio-CD creation) with the button that is for that purpose the CD-Text remains. There could be a option in the preferences to enable clearing the CD-Text too.

Will fix those problems for the next release.

Nice would be if CDBurnerXP would guess the CD-Text. Maybe with a button "Guess CD-Text" or automatically. If "Artist" is on all tracks the same then the CD-Text artist should be too. CD-Text title could be the album if that is the same on all tracks. If the prediction of CDBurner is wrong the user can change it.

You could just copy and paste the data in this case. Not much more effort than clicking a button ;)

Technically, no. CD-Text information can only be burned when using the disc at once mode. The only workaround would be to preprocess all audio tracks and add an artifical silence to each track, then again it will take longer to prepare the tracks for burning.

If I remember right Nero had silence between each track (freely definable for each track alone) and CD-Text. I assume that it processed the files then. Bad Nero. ;)

Will fix those problems for the next release.

Thank you.

You could just copy and paste the data in this case. Not much more effort than clicking a button ;)

I did that with artist. It was just something I got to my mind. Nice if CD-Text would be there automatically, but if it's not I don't really care.

Guest mirò

Hi, I do not know this program well and maybe I done something wrong.

Whenever I try to write a multisession disc if I select "verify data written" to me then disappear previously burned data and the message: "The data were written correctly in the drive, but the total number of files does not correspond with those expected. Probably the structure of the file system was not written properly and some files will not be visible on the disc."

It does not happen if unmark if the verification of data written.

This happens even with the current version 4.2.5.1541 and also set different file systems before burning (iso 9660, joliet, udf, etc.)

Big bug. When trying to burn MP3 files, onle the first is taken and for rest it shows me an error.

i have the same problem

win7 x64

with lg dvdrw

cdburnerxp 4.2.6.1669

it goes like this

after adding a few tracks to the list on the buttom

i press the burn button

it starts...

"adding tracks to audio image"

then in the beggining-middle proccesing of the 1st mp3 song... it jumps to its end

and then you get a msg like this:

"XX track(s) could not be added to the audio image"

there is no error number...

Guest tom67

Thanx Flo, your burner is my favourite since I discovered it 1 or 2 years ago, you even added the option of setting temporary folder I missed so much when I was running out of disk space on system disk. Good job. The possibility to rip audio would be welcome as well, but I understand your reasons.

Does it depend on the track number or on the track (audio file) itself?

no it does it with any mp3 song i have tried

it just do it in the 1st track and the rest wont go.

it also doesnt matter how many tracks i have added

for example if i add 4 tracks

it will jump in the beggining-middle of the 1st one and will write..

"3 track(s) could not be added to the audio image"