New public beta version: 4.2.6

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mirò

Hi,

even with the new version 4.2.6.1688, I have the same problem with multisession DVD: 1- select "Let me choose advanced settings" 2- check : "verify data after burning", "session at once", "use buffer protection" and burn speed 2x, after burning appear the message: "The data were written correctly in the drive, but the total number of files does not correspond with those expected. Probably the structure of the file system was not written properly and some files will not be visible on the disc. Expected file count 18 (for example) Actual file count 9".

Inspecting the Dvd, the contents of the folder burned in the previous session is gone.

Guest Hades32

StarBurn is nice!

CD Burner XP finally knows my drive² (at least when burning ISOs)!

²TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-T633A ATA Device

Guest denvail

There has been many comments on different blogs about the message «no compatible drives». It seems the new version is not fixing the problem yet...

I have, on my new Acer Aspire 8730, a standard drive: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7580S ATA, with Vista64, and CDBurner is not working.

Guest pk

As easy as Nero bust costs only zero!

100% does what it says on the tin. Never paying again.Many Thanks

Guest DeeZiD

You have to install the right ahci driver (intel ahci, amd ahci, nvidia ahci etc...).

Then it works beautifully.

Dennis

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TJ

Sorry for this naive question, but I read a CNET article that said this doesn't burn dual layer DVDs. But in reviewing the menu options, one of the options allows you to select a dual layer dvd if the size isn't auto detected. I haven't downloaded the program yet and I have a Dual Layer Drive and wanted to make sure I could use dl disks. Thanks for your reply in advance...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guyanaspice

thx for the free dvd burning software; i will try this one out first this week; i just dl another but i trust yours more since it is from we are change site

keep up the link for others because i had the vid for a while and i haven't copied yet; but soon will

Guest Scribe

First off, Thank you very much and congratulations for those improvements !

There is something I (and other people who use CDburnerXP as well) would really like to get implemented if possible :

When you burn an mp3 list that is too heavy for your medium, would it be possible to be asked if we want to reduce with some criterion (i.e. up to where it fits, alphabetically, randomly, by size of file) ?

Best regards !!!

Scribe

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bagalou

I have just installed and I scrapped three CDs. No good for me. I will uninstall and find another tool

Guest PaulRex

I tried burning multiple DVDs (quantity 2) at 4x speed. The first DVD burned at 4x, the second DVD burned at Maximum. Multiple disks should burn at the same speed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ssg myron

i think this softwear is good and it is easy to work with i will tell other about it i like and is nice have it

ret ssg myron baughman

Guest Breakafake

Thanks for the software just burned some iso. Files great whats the catch with this great program its fast and i like it

Guest Spyder

You rock, keep up the great work, thank you and Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays!

Hello. I have an hp dv5 1199 and when I was using vista cdburnerxp was running like it should. Now I have windows 7 and I have this problem (when I want to write data I have an error says that device not found, but I can write audio cds and cdburnerxp can see my device in this mode).

I 've tried all off these beta releases and also the current one but this problem is not fixed.

Could somebody help?

My drive is TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633L

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Nothing yet? This is a windows 7 problem? Cause I read over the net that also other similar programs have this issue.

Thanks for your time!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again.

I found something that maybe helps.

I tried some other burning software and they actually work on my laptop.

They are:

1. Starburn

2. Imgburn

3. Infrarecorder (I am using thisone right now)

4. Ashampoo burning studio.

These programs works, so creators of cdburnerxp can see deferences and fix your amassing software.

PS: I hope that you 'll fix cdburnerxp. It is my favorite burning application... Also I hope this post will help you.

Thanks!

CDBurnerXP is actually using StarBurn, so it is rather unlikely that StarBurn works much better.

I am not a programmer, so I cannot explain why, but I ensure you that StarBurn works (I can write data) on my laptop hp 1199 EV when cdburnerxp does not (I can write only audio). I noticed though that it took much time for StarBurn to detect my drive (about 5 minutes) but finally it detects and writes anything.

Infrarecorder could burn, but it had a bug. When you install and restart you cannot see desktop icons.

Right now I am using Ashampoo. It seems to be ok. Maybe you have to check those two also.

If I can help any further let me know.

Thanks!

Guest FrostMannen

The strange part I found is the in the swedish translation, haven't tried out the program yet.

The "File" menu in sweden is: "Arkiv" but when installed the 4.2.6.1669 i noticed the translation:

"karl nissekarldfsfkdnfks Karl dsfdsn" instead of "Arkiv".

Must have been some slight error compiling the translation.

vladimir v, your problem is extensively discussed in this thread. Keep the discussion there, and pray there will ever be a statement from the developers concerning it.

Really thanks for responding. I 've installed the intel storage matrix driver and now cdburnerxp works great! Thanks for your help and time!