Sign in to follow this  
floele

New Major Version: 3.5

Thanks for the response Flo, I hope that feature will be implemented in the near future though. Then I can switch to using CDBurnerXP Pro as the sole burning software.

-_- dam, and i thought cdburnerxp pro would be a MS independently program...... but with 3.5 i'm forced to install the ms .net frameworks to be able to run the upcomming major version =(

i switched to all opensource and freewares like firefox, thunderbird, sunbird, openoffice, notpad++, NVU and cdburnerxp pro to have alternative programs and only let MS rule as OS ^^

well to late to go on an otherway.. fact is that i didn't find any better freeware burn application as cdburnerxp.

oh, didnt know that vb runtime a ms own product is, now i know why compatibility to other program languages are less or not supported ;)

but to go with internet explorer to the update page and install the .net frameworks -_-

somehow i read about that .net frameworks has a security bug.. anyway..

argh.. install .net frameworks..

Either way, if you ever plan on upgrading to the next version of Windows in a couple years. You're not going to have a choice, .NET will be built in to the OS when it's released. As far as I know any ways...

However if you are interested in not installing .NET v1.1, you can head over to nLite's homepage and download the alternative runtimes package.

http://nuhi.msfn.org/download.html

oops, forgot to login there before I posted :(

Any ways I just wanted to add that I'm not sure if the Alternative Runtimes will actualy run any thing else other then nLite, but you could give it a try.

This may have been asked somewhere. If is has, please direct me to the message link :no:

Does CDBurner XP Pro version 3.0.116 or 3.5.101.4 have HT support for P4 processors? I was ripping a CD and I saw that one of the Logical Processors was being threaded to the max while the other "processor" was almost sleeping! :(

If there is a way to turn it on, I will be happy to find out as well! :D

Hello.

I have little problem.

Do not work correctly burning with file names with easteuropan letters.

Yep, I have that problem too. Doesn't burn in joilet mode these characters šđčćž

Just a quick comment, but even linux has a .net framework... Mostly because .net has some unique abilities that should be used without the bias against MS getting in the way...

Btw multi-threading should be fairly easy to enable... I've never used the vb.net ide, but their should be a compiler flag to enable multi-threading as well as some other possible enhancements... This normally works well for simple code, nore complex things like games can't just enable a flag to get this sorta thing to work...

Either way CD/DVD burning, shouldn't be maxing your CPU... It should stress the memory subsystem more than the processing ability...

I could see where threading would be useful in Ripping/Encoding. You could at least have one thread for ripping and one for encoding. That should make it a little quicker for those with Hyperthreading or Dual Processer/Dual Core machines. Instead of Rip then Encode for each song, you would rip the first song and then encode the first song while ripping the second song. That way you will always be ripping, which is now the slowest part for me.

Is 3.5 available now?

there will be at least 1 more beta release......the options translation need to be added.

btw, how did you get in here? :P

EDIT> never mind....I thought this was in the beta section :cry:

We are currently working on the next version, 3.5. As you should know from the news, this one is a complete rewrite (again) of the application for .NET framework. Apart from the rewrite, there are also many other new features.

Auch, .NET? None of my workstations have .NET installed, but all have CDBXPP. And the Windows Update cannot be automated to install .NET. Time to get me some extra software management software.

- disc-to-disc copy

- XML-based project files (so that you can easily create your own ones)

Wonderfull improvements.

Anyway, keep up the good work, my students like this software.

I won't request open sourcing this application, but it would be nice. Much improvements can be made then by contributors.

Regards,

ToniVR