TSSTCorp CDDVDW TS-L633M ATA Device not detected

Hi everyone ! :)

I recently bought a hp dv7 2115 equiped with the following drive: TSSTCorp CDDVDW TS-L633M ATA Device

This computer is also has a ZOXIXA NKXINOD6R81U SCSI CdRom Device.

When I launch CdBurnerXP, only the second one is detected and I can't select the first one.

Consequence, I can't burn anything...

If someone has a solution, I'd be glad to hear it. Thanks for reading. :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Iben Truitt

I'm running Vista Sp2 and experiencing the same problem with the "TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633M ATA Device [CD-ROM drive]". CDBunerXP tells me I don't have a drive that can write a DVD.

If you find a fix, please post it here.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Eureka

Same problem with Vista running on a Compaq Presario CQ60-433US with the TS-L633M DVD burner - "NO COMPATIBLE DRIVE".

I've tried removing the driver and rebooting - no luck. Can't find new drivers. CDBurnerXP isn't the only program to complain - Deepburner acts the same way. It used to work but now it won't.

This machine is fully patched according to Secunia.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest HystriX

I have the same problem with this drive on Windows 7, installed on Samsung R560 notebook. BUT THIS DRIVE WORKED when I used windows XP an some previous version of CDBunerXP! It would be great if you can solve this problem and we can use our favourite burning suite again.

Guest HystriX

Well, judging by forum content it seems that the problem is with AHCI in Windows Vista and Windows 7. Waiting for solution and new versions.....

Guest Vitalar

I have the installed TSSTCorp CDDVDW TS-U633F ATA and CDBurnerXP it too does not see.

System is Windows7 64 bit on notebook ACER TimelineX 4820TG.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest bigairflyboy5

Same problem here. I am running windows 7 and have an HP. I have been running my drive for months now and all of the sudden it does not work. I cant even get it to show up in my device manager. Any suggestions solution yet?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest light.mica

Okay, please oh please, someone help me. I have had my HP Pavilion dv4 1465dx. According to the computer, everything seems to be working fine! I tried that Microsoft Fix it, so please don't recommend me that. I am already at the top of my head with that one. So the problem is, I put any disc in the drive, and it pops out, and the message, "please insert a disc". Apparently, it is not reading any discs at all. I purchased this computer almost a year ago. Actually, my August, it shall have been a year. I really don't understand what happened. This started about two months ago. I ignored it, till I really needed to install something from a CD ROM. Let me give you the details on what happens. Usually, I put a disc, and it will like go real slow and you can hear it. Spin, stop, spin, stop, and then pop goes the CD. Then I get that message, please insert a disc. It's not detecting or reading, IDK! I don't know the mechanics or the words to explain what in the world is going on with my computer. PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTION< PLEASE!!! RESPOND TO MY POST!!! OR EMAIL ME light.mica@gmail.com

PEACE

Guest Lloyd_mcse

The drive you have is made by Samsung, you should go to there site and download the Firmware updater. It may help

Kind regards

Lloyd

• 4 months later...
Guest lpom_op

Hi,

If you have a Intel chipset, you may install Intel® Rapid Storage Technology.

It worked for me!

Good luck!

• 3 months later...
Guest Herlinde

Hi

I've the same problem "no DVD drive was found"

Have a HP 6730b Notbebook, TSSTCorp CDDVDW TS-L633M ATA Device

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit

Hope there is a solution - if yes, please can you send me that?

j.jewel at gmx.net

Thanks a lot

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest jake

hp CDDVDW TS-L633M ATA Device is not recognized by the following:

- Nero7

- Nero8

- cdburningXP

- Windows DVD Maker

I succesfully burned data files to DVD-R using Free Easy Burner V4.4, which I downloaded from CNET

Guest rockingwing

Hey guys... Got an Acer Aspire 7736ZG with the same cd/dvd drive, and CDBurnerXP doesn't recognize it as well...

Unfortunately I can't use this program :/

Nero, Alcohol120%, Windows Media Player work well with this device

• 3 months later...
Guest CD Hack

Laptop specs: HP Pavilion DV61355 Entertainment PC

For those who are working to figure this out, here is what I attempted - all without any success:

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology driver install - fail

Uninstall and Reinstall dvd drivers - fail

Registry fix proscribed by MS - fail

Uninstall 100% of CD/DVD software that came with the laptop - fail

I'm going to try to get HP to send a replacement dvd drive even though the laptop is out of warranty. The battery was already replaced after it failed. The laptop is having unexplained crashing issues. If you know a lawyer looking to file a class action lawsuit this model of laptop would make a good target case. I have owned 6 HP Laptops and this is the worst, not to mention the last that I will ever buy from them.

If a drive is not detected by CDBurnerXP because of the hardware configuration, it does not need to be a defect. You should check the results of other burning applications before you attempt to get replacements or reparations.

• 3 months later...
Hi everyone ! :)

I recently bought a hp dv7 2115 equiped with the following drive: TSSTCorp CDDVDW TS-L633M ATA Device

This computer is also has a ZOXIXA NKXINOD6R81U SCSI CdRom Device.

When I launch CdBurnerXP, only the second one is detected and I can't select the first one.

Consequence, I can't burn anything...

If someone has a solution, I'd be glad to hear it. Thanks for reading. :)

Hi,

I have a TSSTCorp CDDVDW TS-L633C SATA Device and had the same problem. I solved it changing the BIOS option "SATA mode selection" from "AHCI" to "IDE".

This worked for me. Try it!