Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cricri

Media verification after write completed [done]

Guest Cricri

Hi again :)

There;s also something I like in Nero, and that is to verify the data written. That way, you're SURE the data is ok. I lost some data this way on CDs which were written successfully, and since, I'm always using the "Verify after write" Nero option. Hope this makes sense too :)

Guest Vadi

Hi!

CDBurnerXP Pro is really great!

But I miss the option to verify the written data when you write a disc from an iso image file!

Thank you very much!

Vadi

I assume that less data means faster verification, but for a full disc, how long is verification suppose to take? When I tried to verify, it took me more than 20 minutes but the bar didn't even increase one percent. :cry:

No, I had to cancelled, but then the program stopped responding. Maybe, I need to restart the computer and try again.

Ok, restarting the computer computer solved the abnormally long verification time, but I noticed that the progress bar during the verifcation doesn't move. For instance when the process is just starting, you would get a beginning percentage like 50% or something. This percentage will stay there until the process is done and then the percentage will shoot up to 100%. It doesn't show the 51-99%. :cry:

Guest Cricri

Hello!

Maybe I'll just share what I noticed about verification.

First off, verification of compilations works fine with CDBurnerXP Pro, thanks for that :) I should have looked thoroughly before asking a dumb question :cry:

Secondly, I notice that someone asked about verifying ISO after burning. I think that would be nice too but would like to point out that it is not possible in Nero either. I don't know why, maybe it's not possible for some reason :?

Lastly, I noticed that unlike in Nero, the progress bar is not updated in real time but after each file. So if you have big files, it can indeed take some time before the bar moves. I don't think this is the answer to the guy who waited 20 minutes, but I thought I'd point it out anyway.

Guest Vadi

About the ISO verification: I guess it's not possible because ISO doesn't store checksums for the files in it? Anyway that's bad because last time I had to install Windows like 5 times in row because the iso had not been burned properly.

The long verification times on my computer was due to an reading error. According to the error message, there something wrong with the destination files on the disc. However, when I played the files and the disc, it worked and when I created a CRC file of the source, the files on the disc matched. Maybe this is a bug. If the verification done by binary comparision?

Guest Guest

Does the Verify feature actually do a read-back and compare to the original data?

Or is Verify just a simple read-back to check for reading error?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.