Windows 7 Problems

Guest davidland

Hi,

I just downloaded the latest version off the website. I have elevated it to Admin privaleges everytime I start it up, but for some reason the program never seems to find my DVD Burner when I go into data mode, but in Audio mode it finds it with no problem and I can burn CDs successfully. Don't know if this is a Windows 7 issue or not but any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Guest Jim Panse

CDBurnerXP did not showed my SATA Sony AD-7241S in AHCI mode after plain install of the RCs of Windows 7 x32 and x64 on a Asus P5Q. After installing the Intel Matrix Storage Manger in its newest release, it worked for me in both Windows 7s. Seems to be, that CDBurnerXP or one of its components needs a certain Intel driver interface to detect drives. This problem seems only to occur, when configuring the SATA ports to AHCI mode in the BIOS. There will be no problem, when running SATA ports in "Compatible" mode.

Intel Matrix Storage Manager 8.9 at intel.com or use Google with keywords "intel matrix manager 8.9".

I am wondering, that not more users have this problem so far, as I faced this issue also under Vista x32 - but then decided to stay with XP, so I did not followed this up anymore until a few weeks ago.

Dear Flo, maybe you could doublecheck this issue or at least make this solution a "sticky" one ?

Best regards from Switzerland

Jim Panse

Guest Jim Panse

P.S. I just found here, that the installation of the Intel Matrix Storage Manager is recommended depending on chipset. I wouldn't call it only a recommendation and point to it more clearly.

Guest davidland

Thank you for the reply.

The only problem is that I am on an Asus M3A78T Motherboard, and I have no Intel silicon on my motherboard at all, so these storage drivers are not applicable in my case. Do you have any other suggestions? I really would like to get CDBurnerXP working.

THANKS!

Guest guest
CDBurnerXP did not showed my SATA Sony AD-7241S in AHCI mode after plain install of the RCs of Windows 7 x32 and x64 on a Asus P5Q. After installing the Intel Matrix Storage Manger in its newest release, it worked for me in both Windows 7s. Seems to be, that CDBurnerXP or one of its components needs a certain Intel driver interface to detect drives. This problem seems only to occur, when configuring the SATA ports to AHCI mode in the BIOS. There will be no problem, when running SATA ports in "Compatible" mode.

Intel Matrix Storage Manager 8.9 at intel.com or use Google with keywords "intel matrix manager 8.9".

I am wondering, that not more users have this problem so far, as I faced this issue also under Vista x32 - but then decided to stay with XP, so I did not followed this up anymore until a few weeks ago.

Dear Flo, maybe you could doublecheck this issue or at least make this solution a "sticky" one ?

Best regards from Switzerland

Jim Panse

I confirm, problem solved under Seven Ultimate 64 bit. Sata port in AHCI mode, after installing Matrix Storage Manager Cd Burner XP recognize dvd player. Obiouvsly with an Intel chipset (in my case ICH9R)

Guest EricSch

Same problem.

And this is the solution?

I would say CDBurnerXP isn't usable under Win7 64Bit.

So I will drop it.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Bidon

I have a amd mobo laptop. Win 7 recognises it, and downloads the latest chipset driver for ahci too...

I downloaded from the asus webpage the recommended ahci driver too...

Cd burner xp still cannot see my drive under data mode...

Only the other options can see my laptops drive, but i cannot change the writing speed...

I liked cd burner xp in the past, but nowdays, it is not working for me...

Bytheway... How about a ubuntu port for cd burner xp? In ubuntu, i really miss cd burner xp...

Hi

I had same problems with Windows7 Home Premium on computer HP Elite 2530p notebook.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8277 (SOLVED)

I think the main reason is that be sure that you have the latest chipset driver "from your manufactor like Asus, HP, Dell and more" not from INTEL or AMD/ATI.

Developer Flo can´t know all hardware configurations on he´s own, he would need employees and then it would cost money to run CDBurnerXP.

/freeAppz

• 3 weeks later...

I can't seem to find this problem anywhere. I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit. I tried to burn an ISO image to a CD-R. Everything seemed to be going fine, finished burning, closed, then verified. Said it was successful. The CD looked like it had been burned. But it is only recognized as a blank disk. Tried it in two different computers, says 'blank disk' in both.

I don't know if this is a problem with the program, Windows 7, the disk, the burner, or what. I burned a DVD (using a different program) the day before so I don't think it's Windows 7 or the burner.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

• 2 years later...
Guest Nux

Same problem here. Installed something called Intel Center that can be installed with AHCI drivers. All seems to work now (my DVD is LG GH22NS70 AHCI) :-)

Guest Nux
Same problem here. Installed something called Intel Center that can be installed with AHCI drivers. All seems to work now (my DVD is LG GH22NS70 AHCI) :-)

Correction - Intel Rapid and the DVD is of course is LG GH22NS70 :-).