Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mirco

After burning a message about expected filecount pops up

Guest Mirco

I'm burning a DVD+R with CDBurnerXP 4.2.6.1706 on Windows Vista Home.

I add one directory and exactly one file to the open DVD. (the DVD already contains 7 sessions)

I burn the DVD.

After burning verification takes place. No problem.

After this a messagebox pops up stating that there are 1174 files expected but only 749 found.

I think this is a bug.

Regards,

Mirco

Guest Mirco

The message today is:

The data has been written correctly to the disc, but the number of files does not match the expected files count. Most likely, the file system structure has not been written correctly and some files will not appear on the disc.

Expected file count: 1195

Actual file count: 1140

----

Because I use the DVD as a backup, only burning changed files, it is very difficult for me to verify if this message is correct. I don't know what files I burned in the past. I can only verify that the one directory and one file I burned today is written correctly.

Regards,

Mirco

I too have seen this a few times when adding files to an existing CD. Today I added some stuff to a tools CD and got the message saying it expected 224 files but only found 64. I then used a file manager to count the total files on the CD and it said there were 224 so looks like a file counting but in CDBurner to me.

Guest guest

I have the same problem and beg for a solution! But I found other threads with same topic. The program seems to be buggy and I have to remove the software and search for a other good freeware!