Sign in to follow this  
BrianY

Suppress Source CD from Remaining Time on Audio Compilation

When working in the Audio Compilation screen, at the bottom of the screen is a graphical and textual display of the data found on the CD that is presently inserted (in time and megabytes). As a user selects one or more tracks to add to the new compilation, these tracks are appended to the right of the data for the currently inserted disc.

I'd like to see a new option under the Audio Options tab to "Suppress source disk from Remaining Time" (or similar).

Basically this would discern if any audio CD that has been finalized is inserted, it should not insert the data length of this CD to the total size of the compilation. I would be satisfied of all of the statistics were suppressed (play time, on disc, remaining size) whenever this option is set.

I suppose this was designed to permit the use of a non-finalized Audio CD with several new tracks being appended to the end. Therefore if a blank CD or non-finalized CD was inserted, you could still display this data as it does today.

I do not understand the benefit of shifting the tracks to the right and back each time a source CD is inserted as a user selects one or more tracks from each CD. Requiring a user to eject the CD tray just to see the accurate Remaining Time is a step that I am trying to eliminate.