Sign in to follow this  
Guest Damoclese

Win7 Ultimate x64 wont detect drives ... sort of!!

Guest burfadel

Flo, the attachment doesn't exist anymore. Does that mean it was unsuccessful? I was going to give it a try!

Guest Schorsch Lokus

Dear Flo

Replaced DLL in the program directory (NMS library coming with v1801 is 1.0.0.13, new library is 1.0.1.4), but no positive outcome. CDBurnerXP will still not find a compatible drive, when using the Microsoft AHCI dirver.

What does NuMedia says to this effect ?

Guest Corny

same here on nVidia a630 chipsetz with Windows 7 Professional x64. There are no AHCI Drivers from nVidia...

I replaced the burning libary but nothing changed.

Could everyone who doesn't get it running properly on Win7/Vista without (for example) the Intel Matrix Storage Manager please check if updating the burning library (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7941&start=0#p28779) makes a difference and post the results?

I have tried it. Apart from the trial period message, the symptoms persist: My AHCI SATA burner (Pioneer DVR-212) is not found.

Please note that this used to be the case with the original Win7 AHCI drivers, and it is unchanged now that I have installed the latest Win7 AHCI drivers from AMD. Locating these was not easy anyway, seeing that AMD hides them from public view for some weird reason (read this other topic from me for more information on this).

Please also note that other applications, including Starburn and CloneCD detect the Pioneer device nicely and burn with it without any problems. I remember reading that CDBurner XP is using the Starburn engine for erasing discs. Perhaps you should use it for the rest as well?

Let me also express my conviction that this is related to the 64 Bit version of Win7, but not to the exact version (Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate/whatever). All other replies in this thread support this theory, with the only exception of Alire's reply. I believe that Alire's problem has a different cause, or he is generally incompetent (might even have installed x64 without noticing... that type of users exists!).

Guest NagoyaX

I had the same problem, I tired what Wolfman said and it worked for me.

Fixed the problem on my PC!

After installing the latest version of the Intel Matrix Storage Manager as mentioned here - not the one automatically installed with Windows 7 - my two drives are recognized in all burning modes!

Guest al2009
Let me also express my conviction that this is related to the 64 Bit version of Win7, but not to the exact version (Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate/whatever). All other replies in this thread support this theory, with the only exception of Alire's reply. I believe that Alire's problem has a different cause, or he is generally incompetent (might even have installed x64 without noticing... that type of users exists!).

I already post my message at the first page of this thread and I also have this problem at 32bit (I'm sure it 32bit ;) ) Win 7 Ultimate (Russian). (Sorry for my English)

Guest Eraque

Just installed the latest version of CDBurnerXP and the missing drive issue for Data projects is still there. My DVD burner shows up for all other projects, Music, Image, etc. I use to use CDBurnerXP exclusively but now must use something else, at least until this "No Compatible Drives" issue is fixed for Data projects. Any Ideas anyone? I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit - yes it is 32 bit on a Toshiba Laptop.

Guest Eraque

It's me again. After reading the entire thread on this issue, I decided to check to see what type of drive controller I had in the machine having the issues with CD BurnerXP. Well, it contains the Intel ICH9M-E/M. I went ahead and installed the Intel Storage Matrix Driver, which supports the aforementioned controller. After a couple of required reboots, I again tried CDBurnerXP and ***SURPRISE*** my DVD drive DID appear on the list for burning a data project!

From the website location here. http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_ ... 2〈=eng

"This driver provides support for high-capacity & fault-tolerant Serial ATA (SATA) RAID 5 arrays and high-performance & fault-tolerant SATA RAID 10 arrays on select Intel® 5 Series, 4 Series, 3 Series, 965, 975X, 955X and 945 chipset-based platforms. It provides support for high-performance SATA RAID 0 arrays & redundant SATA RAID 1 arrays on select Intel® 5 Series, 4 Series, 3 Series, 965, 975X, 955X, 945, 925, 915 chipset-based platforms. It also provides AHCI support on select Intel® 5 Series, 4 Series, 3 Series, 965, 975X, 955X, 945, 925 and 915 chipset-based platforms, as well as on Mobile Intel® 915/910 chipset-based platforms.

Note: Intel® RAID Technology requires the Intel® ICH9R/ICH9M-E/ICH10R/PCH/PCHM SATA RAID controller hub, Intel® 82801HR I/O controller hub (ICH8R), Intel® 631xESB/632xESB I/O controller hub, Intel® 82801GR/GH I/O controller hub (ICH7R/DH), Intel® 82801FR I/O controller hub (ICH6R)."

If you are having issues with a missing DVD burner on your system, check to see if you have one of the above controllers. If you do try to install the new Intel Driver. It worked for me. FYI. I have a Toshiba Satelite Laptop Model L355-S7831 and running Windows 7 Ultimate (32 Bit) Problem solved (at least for me)

Same problem with HP HDX 16 with BLR/DVD RW: HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CT10L. It is not recognized for data burning, but visible in erase option, audio option etc.

I am running Win7 Ultimate x64.

And just couple of minutes ago I have applied fix recommended by "Eraque" (Thx!) and now CDburnerXP works fine. I just wonder where bug lies...

another to the list:

HP dv7-3065 laptop

Wind7 64-bit

Hitachi HTS725050A9A364 ATA Device (Blu-Ray combo DVD burner drive)

I can burn ISO but not a Data DVD. Haven't tried in the other modes.

I used the fix posted by by Eraque » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:11 pm, on my Lenovo G530. It worked just fine. Apparently the generic driver loaded by Windows7 64 is not fully up to speed. Thanks Eraque, good find.

Matt

Guest seasack

I am experiencing under Win7 64bit / AMD the same problem. Burning audio cd's is fine, but otherwise the drives won't be detected. Burning with Win7 and not with CDBurnerXP works, too.

This is really annoying. No chance for a bug fix?

In fact you made no comments whatsoever on "the component which is currently lacking." All you did is ask users to replace one file with a substitute to see whether that changes anything - and it did not. Neither did you explain anything about said file, nor does it appear to be proven that the file in question is really the culprit. That was almost two months ago anyway.

CDBurnerXP may use Starburn, but the fact remains that Starburn works and CDBurnerXP does not - at least in the environments discussed before. For that reason it is easy to tell that a critical component way beyond the GUI alone differs between Starburn and CDBurnerXP. This component may or may not reside in the file you mentioned before, but neither does your replacement fix anything nor did you explain anything about it.

If you see any differences between StarBurn and CDBurnerXP, tell which exactly they are. Note that so far, StarBurn is only used for audio discs and for burning ISO files.

If you see any differences between StarBurn and CDBurnerXP, tell which exactly they are.

Our discussion is going in circles... aside from the different appearance and handling, the obvious difference between CDBurnerXP and Starburn is that Starburn recognizes all drives on all systems and in all burning scenarios while CDBurnerXP does not.

Note that so far, StarBurn is only used for audio discs and for burning ISO files.

If for whatever reason you fail to fix the problem in the regular data burning section, you might consider using Starburn here as well - or at least explain the problem in greater detail to the public so that people understand why this is so hard and what you plan on doing about it. If you do not and just leave the problem as it is for months while user after user complains about it, do not be surprised if I state that you (the developers) most obviously do not care.

So audio burning works for you?

If for whatever reason you fail to fix the problem in the regular data burning section, you might consider using Starburn here as well

Basically, I have two options here: Switch from Numedia to StarBurn (months of work) or upgrade the Numedia component (I'm not sure whether it will help in all scenarios, but I am currently looking into this option).