Sign in to follow this  
richstar

Windows 7 Enterprise RTM - App does not identify DVD/RW driv

32 bit.

Hi I am new here, but wanted to share some info.

I am running Windows 7 Enterprise RTM on an L305-S5955 Satellite laptop manufactured by Toshiba.

The latest version of the program on this new 32 bit system says there are no compatible drives found.

The operating system identifies a blank recordable DVD as inserted.

I suggest the reason the program is failing to see a compatbile drive is that the database the program uses to identify drives does not include the latest device driver information. I think the way the device info is reported by Windows 7 (any flavor) has changed since Windows Vista edition. That's why when the program queries the drive but only for data disk options it is not able to identify the drive.

A possible solution is to figure out what information is queried and retrieved when the program does its stuff for copying audio disks or burning iso images to disk. Obviously the program needs to query the device itself to find out how fast it is etc.

It may also be a security issue, this is my speculation.