Sign in to follow this  
felipegeek

cdbxpcmd - Burn file contents of a folder

Hello,

I am attempting to burn the contents of a folder to disc using the command line tool in a script. For example ""C:\test" (with a bunch of jpg files inside). My command is structured as follows:

cdbxpcmd.exe --burn-data -file[\]:C:\test -verify -close -eject.

The folder contains various picture files but the tool reports the following: "Starting to write disc...0 Files, Size: 0.00 KB", then proceeds to burn a disc with nothing on it.

If I specify a file inside the folder: cdbxpcmd.exe --burn-data -file[\]:C:\test\picture1.jpg -verify -close -eject, it works just fine.

In my scenario the contents of this picture folder will be different at each burn attempt so that C:\test\picture1.jpg...picture8.jpg, could be C:\test\picture9.jpg...picture20.jpg the next time so I cannot use a method where file names are explicitly stated.

What am I doing wrong or am I running into a limitation of the CLI version of the program as it is today?

I appreciate any assistance rendered.

Sincerely,

-felipe

Flo,

Thanks for the reply. I tried that but it still does not see the files. This is the command I used and it's output.

---------------------------

C:\Wstation>"C:\Program Files\CDBurnerXP\cdbxpcmd.exe" --burndata -dao -close -eject -verify -name:"TestDisc" -folder[\]:"C:\wstation\cdimages"

Starting to write disc...0 Files, Size: 0.00 KB

0%

99%

100%

100%

Burning data disc completed.

Verifying disc...

Verifying: 100%

Verifying completed.

--------------------------------------

The disc actually burns but without any contents, not even the folder itself appears. The disc does however get labled with the name I provided. Besides the contents of the folder not being burned I would expect the program to abort if no files were found to burn.

I tried using a layout file but a it's fixed layout. I didn't see a way to use it to just read the folder as "C:\wstation\cdimages\*.*".

For reference I had this problem under XP SP3 in a VMware VM with a CDRW drive virtually attached to it, and on an Intel-based PC with a USB CDRW attached. I had no problems burning a disc where I specified a source file with the -file switch.

Any other ideas?

--felipe

Guest junge

Dear Flo,

i have the same problem, but only when writing folders to the CD root.

So -folder["examplefolder"] works fine while -folder[\] or -folder[""] does't produce any output.

-file[""] works by the way.

--

David