Sign in to follow this  
Guest KristianAG

Hidden files

Guest KristianAG

When I try to burn hidden files, they don't stay hidden.

I have tried two different ways of burning to no success:

1) Set the file as hidden in Explorer and then burning

2) Set the file as hidden inside CDBurnerXP (rightclick the file, choosing Properties and then check the Hidden box) and then burning

I think there was a problem with hidden files a few while ago (don't remember how far), but then it worked fine after an update.

Seems like the bug is back, or maybe a new one, but hidden files does not stay hidden after burning.

Guest KristianAG

Now six-seven months later the problem is still here, is there any chance of fixing this or is it not important enough?

Guest KristianAG

Oh, I did not know that CDBurnerXP used Numedia Soft's SD kit.

Well, thanks for the reply and keep up the amazing work with this super piece of software!

It's so tiny and does sooo much, I love it!!

Sorry for the huge bump, but does this problem still exist?

I have to span a huge folder but don't want to waste all the DVDs just to find out that CDBXP changed the properties of 1000s of folders :S

I used the program a year or so ago, and the problem was still there (hidden folders burned as un-hidden folders that is). Shame, cause otherwise CDBXP would be my #1 burning program :S

When I try to burn hidden files, they don't stay hidden.

I think the problem is even worse - or probably just with a different twist: The opposite is true as well! FIles with modified date but NOT marked hidden GET hidden...

I tried to make an ISO-file where all the dates of all the files and folders were supposed to be set to the same date and time. So Right-Click, properties and set the date ("Hidden" is UNCHECKED!) - and all the files AND the folders for which I changed the date appear as hidden.

So my thought then was that the checkbox is read as inverted (checked means "not hidden", unchecked means "hidden"), so I once again opened the Properties-dialog for all files and folders (with sub-folders) and ... well, partial success, and an even worse result. Firstly: nothing is hidden (that's good). Secondly: All directories are written as FILES rather than directories (that's pretty bad) :cry:. So now everything is visible, but I can't access the sub-folders.

I hope this helps in tracking down the bug.

Greetings,

Dweia,

now going searching for either an older version of CDBurnerXP without this bug or an alternative software to make my ISO...

P.S. I love the software - all the more sad I am about the bug that makes it for this purpose unuseable.

Edit: I forgot to mention: Version 4.4.1.3341

Edit2: Version 4.2.7.1801 had the same problem, except that when I mark the files and directories as hidden, they stay hidden, but directories lose their directory-bit anyways... *continues searching for other tools*

Edited by Dweia