Audio files (Mp3's) show a to long duration

Heya!

I was trying to burn a Audio CD out of a couple of mp3s, but when I try to do it some of the mp3 is showing a to long duratation, making it impossible to burn the CD (it's a mix-cd, so I cannot/won't split up the music on multiple CDs).

Any idea how to solve this issue?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alright, been using the new beta (4.2.7.1827), and the problem was solved as you said.

However, a new (related) problem as seem to sprung up. If I add all the Audio-tracks to the CD list, it shows up as 80min 23secs in the "used capacity"-bar at the bottom, but it should only be 79min 46sec. And the strange thing is, if I calculate the time shown of each induvidual track when I've added them to the list, it is the correct time.

I've tried to just burn the CD, but it says that there isn't enough space to do so. I also burn it without any pauses in between tracks.

Anyone have any good answer to that?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I don't want any pauses (I just choose "No pause between tracks" right before I burn, and it worked great so far), so that's not an issue. But it seems that the program adds 2-2,5seconds between each track. Is there a reason for this? If it's needed, would it be possible to make it shorter? Perhaps down to 1 sec or so? XD

If you choose "no pause" and there *is* a pause, either your player is not working properly or the pauses are already integrated into the audio tracks (if there is 2 seconds silence at the end of a music file, CDBurnerXP will not remove it).

• 2 months later...

Nonono, there is no pause. The Mix-CDs I've burned before have worked perfectly.

The thing is that I cannot burn one of the CDs due to CDBurnerXP adds about 2 seconds between each song, which only shows at the bottom in the overview.

The total mix, when opened in any other mediaplayer, shows up being 1h 19m 38sec, or 79m 38sec if you will. But at the overview in CDBurner, it says 80m 23sec, making me unable to burn it to a CD (it says not enough space).

I hope this is a good enough explanation. ^^

The most recent version of CDBurnerXP should actually only check the size when you start the burning process, and not eariler when the size can only be "estimated". So it should work.