[X] Error copying audio cd

Guest Tripl3 D

Joey-

They aren't "protected" per se, more like XP is protecting itself from them. Blocked files are any that you download from the Internet in general, be it .mp3, .rar (and any files extracted from a rar) on a Windows machine XP SP2 or later. I think you're

thinking of DRM (Digital Rights Management) which yes, does interfere with CD burning software, but that's not what the case

was with mine.

Flo-

Here are some links, and you can also do a google search to find better articles, I just pasted the first one I saw when I was

troubleshooting the problem I had.

Website (kinda dated) that explains streams (which block files) a little more in depth:

http://weblogs.asp.net/cumpsd/archive/2 ... 04042.aspx

Windows Utility for Streams deletion (will make your files work okay when burning a CD with CDburnerXP):

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... 97440.aspx

3rd Party Utility that does the same thing (I use it, like it a little better, personally). Download link is at the bottom

of the webpage:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/alternate_ ... reams.html

Flo-

PS - "Blocked" is a stream that is, as I understand, alongside the file, not a property of it. There are several different zones, but the one that causes the file not to work w/ CDburnerXP is zone 3, which I understand to mean it is a file downloaded from an untrusted site. This zone 3 stream is the same thing that causes a dialog box to pop up when you try to run an executable that is not trusted asking if you're sure you want to run it. Hope that clears it up some.

Interesting, did not know about such a feature yet. I cannot find an issue with burning MP3 files downloaded from the internet though (if that is what makes them "blocked"), seems to work fine for me. Or do you have sample file that I can use for testing?

• 1 year later...

I had the same problem with v.4.5.0.3685 and an Matsushita UJDA7 in an IBM T42 XP Pro SP3.

I ruled out Avira and burn speed, restarted, updated my former older version.

What worked was to switch off "pause between tracks".

(There was still a peculiarity: I activated "simulate burning" . CDBXP uttered, that he can't simulate with this kind of medium. I pressed "then burn without sim" - he burned, but nothing was on the disk. But I leave it like that.)

Anyone who still has problems please file a new report with all details on the error message and the method you used for copying, as well as CDBurnerXP version. I'm closing this topic now since there is no real conclusion here.