Sign in to follow this  
JA13

CD audio from mp3 files does not work

Hello,

I have recentely installed the latest version of cdbxp (4.2.7.....) under XP SP2. Burning data on cd, cdrw, dvd, dvdrw is OK. Thank you.

The problem I have is when I try to burn a cdrw from mp3 files in the audio mode. Cdbxp seems to convert files, takes time to perform burning but at the end, the list of files is present through the explorer but each file is 1 Kbyte large (I would say empty) so that you can not listen anything.

I guess there is a problem somewhere...

1/ Can cdbxp burn mp3 files to cdrw in the audio mode ?

2/ Is it really possible to bunr a cdrw in an audio mode ?

3/ Something else ?

Thank you in advance for answers.

Regards,

JA13

Guest Winnie

In 4.4.0.2971 i can't burn audio from mp3 anyway. It even does not show the selected files in the window at the bottom.

In earlier Versions it worked great.

What's to do, to get this feature back?

I guess, there was something changed about mp3-Converters, wasn't it?

Guest Glass

I ams having a problem with this feature as well. I think Winnie_* who see the files in the section called "Drag and drop files here or use the Add button...." when they drag them there.

I am tring to make an Audio CD from a list of mp3's. The destination player is cd audio only.

I can select the mp3's that I want to use ok. When it comes to burning, on the disk I get a list of shortcuts to CDAA files and I get the list of mp3's files that were selected. The shortcuts point to the mp3 files.

So basically there is no conversion going on. I don't see any settings related to converting.The disk does not play.

Guest Glass

Sorry, the first part was unintelligble so I will redo.

I am having a problem with this feature as well. I think Winnie_* who cannot see the files in the section called "Drag and drop files here or use the Add button...." when they drag them there. They don't appear when dragged there.

Can you possibly describe your problem in detail? I'm not sure now what your issue is and what is part of your interpretation of another user's problem.

Guest Glass

ok. CDBurnerXP does not produce a working Audio CD using MP3 source files. It produces a CD with all of the MP3 source files burnt to it and also 1 shortcut for each MP3 file. I have tried this with several different PC's with different brand optical drive.

I will point out that using MS Media Player produces the same result.

If anyone has a quick answer to this issue I would appreciate it. Thanks

It produces a CD with all of the MP3 source files burnt to it and also 1 shortcut for each MP3 file.

That's how audio discs work. If you don't want that, burn data discs, but those cannot be played by all devices.

Guest Glass

Unfortunately the discs do not play in a cd player that can only play cd audio. CDA came out before MP3 and as a result I don't think thats the way things work.