• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guardian12

Guardian12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 02:19 AM

Hi, I love cd burner xp but: I haven't been able to use it lately. When I open it there is an error message stating that the starburn engine failed to initialize and some features will not work. Then the menu comes up trying to ask me what I want to do. When I click anything the program just crashes and there is no error code or anything. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that hasn't worked. I have looked on google and haven't found anything that looks like a solution to this. Please help me because this is the best cd burning software around (imgburn sukz!).

#2 Guardian12

Guardian12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:32 PM

BUMP.

#3 floele

floele

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:45 PM

Usually, reinstalling CDBurnerXP should solve the problem.

#4 Guardian12

Guardian12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 04:02 PM

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I thought that it would so I reinstalled it and then I reinstalled it after deleting all the files related to cd burner off of my computer. I also tried removing all the files from my computer, restarting and then using a portable version of cd burner xp. (on a usb stick of course) That did not work either. It just kinda locks up whenever I try to do anything and after "hanging" for about three or four minutes, it acts as if I had never pressed the button. -_- Maybe I'm just unlucky?

#5 floele

floele

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:10 PM

What happens if you manually try to register the StarBurnX.dll (regsvr32)?

#6 Guest_c_*

Guest_c_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:35 AM

I installed CDBurnerXP 4.2.7 (1849) on winXP PC. Then i copied all the files from c:\Program Files\CDBurnerXP to e:\CDBurnerXP on a usb stick.

The installed program on c: drive seems to work,but the program on e: drive would give error message "Starburn engine failed to initialize...".

>>What happens if you manually try to register the StarBurnX.dll (regsvr32)?

the following error message appears:

"starburn.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.
This file can not be registered."

PS: I have used the same approach for an earlier version (CDBurnerXP 4.2.5) and it worked on both c: and e: drive(ie portable). The reason I am trying this latest version 4.2.7 (1849) is the bug on version 4.2.5 causing files missing on subsequent burning sessions on dvd.

#7 floele

floele

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:58 PM

Do not register StarBurn.dll, but StarBurnX.dll please.

#8 Syex

Syex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:46 AM

I had that problem today, it came out of nowhere :!: Downloading the latest version fixed it. 8)

#9 Guest_Leo Mat_*

Guest_Leo Mat_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:30 PM

I also had the same problem - even with the latest version (4.3.2.2140) - but it is working fine with the old version 4.2.1.976 (http://cdburnerxp.se... ... .1.976.exe)

#10 Guest_brunolemos_*

Guest_brunolemos_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

Same here. Same error, needed to install an old (ooooooold) version to work.

Windows 7 32 bits

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users