Sign in to follow this  
JimLew

Play dvds

I have just installed CDBURNERXP Pro & burnt my first dvd. The disc will play on the computer but will not play on the dvd player in the lounge. Is there a setting that will allow me to play the dvds on any dvd player.

Thanks jimlew

Guest ashley132005strausbaugh

hi.. I am having the same exact probelm.. my disk burned within approx 3 minutes ( Ifastest i have ver seen) but it is apparently a data disk or something because it will not play in my home dvd player only the computer... i also need the answer to resolve this issue..thanks so much...also my email is ashleystrausbaugh@yahoo.com if anyone could help me with this i would GREATLY appreciate it! thanks again!

Hi guys,

I had this realisation a couple of months ago. Seems CDB XP PRO burns in CDFS format, I don't think all DVD players support that format. Hope this helps, I think I read somewhere that the new version will support UDF format witch seems to be easier to playback on most DVD players. Hope this helps.

"Q: Why does the burned DVD not work in my DVD Player?

A: CDBurnerXP currently does not support burning with the UDF filesystem, which is needed for some DVD players to work." However, the upcoming version should have UDF support.

For future reference, it might be easier to read the FAQ before posting questions.