Sign in to follow this  
one71

Win7:drive recognized for some "type of burn" for others not

Hello,

In short:

I have a PC with only one Optical device installed. The burner is perfectly recognized by windows. The burner itself works (for example I can burn images with ImgBurn). I have the latest version of CDBurnerXP installed, and I have a very strange phenomenon: for some other “types” of burn the drives is not recognized at 100% but anyway it is used, for some other “types” of burn it is not recognized and it does not burn.

Now the details.

Setup:

• [*:3o87qc1h]OS: Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit
    [*:3o87qc1h]Optical Drive: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H60N (which is in your list of compatible drivers)
    [*:3o87qc1h]CDBurnerXP Version: 4.2.7.1801

Burn Types & Results:

• [*:3o87qc1h]Copy Dsic --> Copy Data:
    • I put a cd with data on it in the drive -->
      [*:3o87qc1h]It pops up a window
      [*:3o87qc1h]Copy Options --> Select source device: “No compatible drives” (it is gray: I cannot change this)
      [*:3o87qc1h]Copy Options --> Select a target device: “Hard disc” (It is not gray but I cannot change this anyway!)
      --> I cannot copy a data disc!!!!

[*:3o87qc1h]Copy Dsic --> Copy Audio:

• I put an audio cd in the drive -->
    [*:3o87qc1h]It pops up a window with:
    [*:3o87qc1h]Source device: D: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H60N (good!!)
    [*:3o87qc1h]Target device: D: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H60N (good!!)
    • [*:3o87qc1h]Cancel --> I can click
      [*:3o87qc1h]OK --> it is gray I cannot click on it

[*:3o87qc1h]I click on cancel:

• [*:3o87qc1h]In the “Target device for the burning process … “ (in the middle of the GUI) I see HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H60N (good)
    [*:3o87qc1h]Down I see “No usable disc present, assuming disc with 80 minutes capacity” (BAD!)
    [*:3o87qc1h]Recorder --> Device Information --> Currently selected device = No compatible drivers (BAD!)
    [*:3o87qc1h]Disc --> disc Information --> D: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H60N (and the data on disk is shown) (good!!)

--> I cannot copy an audio disc!!!!

[*:3o87qc1h]Data Disc:

• I put an empty cd in the drive -->
    [*:3o87qc1h]Recorder --> Device Information --> Currently selected device = No compatible drivers (BAD!)
    [*:3o87qc1h]In the “Target device for the burning process … “ (in the middle of the GUI) I see No compatible drivers (BAD!)
    [*:3o87qc1h]Down I see “No disc” (BAD!)
    [*:3o87qc1h]If add files to the compilation and click burn a pop up window comes with: “Cannot continue with the burning process, because no burning device was detected. Install a burning device and restart CDBurnerXP to burn a disc.”
    --> I cannot create a data disc!!!!

….. but now gets funny because ……

[*:3o87qc1h]Audio Disc:

[*:3o87qc1h]In the “Target device for the burning process … “ (in the middle of the GUI) I see HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H60N (good!!)
    [*:3o87qc1h]Down I see “CD-R (Empty) (good!!)
    [*:3o87qc1h]Recorder -->Device Information --> Currently selected device = No compatible drivers (BAD + STRANGE!?!?!!)
    [*:3o87qc1h]I click on burn and … it burns without a problem! (good + stange!!!!!)
    --> I do CAN create an audio disc!!!!

[*:3o87qc1h]Burn ISO Image:

[*:3o87qc1h]It pops up a window with:
    [*:3o87qc1h]Select ISO image to burn …. (good)
    [*:3o87qc1h]Target device: D: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H60N (good!!)
    [*:3o87qc1h]Burn disc --> … it burns without a problem! (good + stange!!!!!)
    --> I do CAN create disc from an iso!!!!

So can someone please explain me what is happening? The whole thing makes no sense to me at all!!!!

The problem is that two different burning libraries are used, once which usually works properly, and one which does not quite work properly all the time. Usually it helps to install the Intel Matrix Storage Manager drivers or the like to mak both burning libraries work equally well. Also see the help file.

Guest milers Saltwell

@ Flo

I'm facing the exactly same problem as one71. Installing Intel Matrix drivers isn't the solutions as I own AMD/Ati hardware. So what do you mean with the two burning libraries?

Thanks,

Atze

Hi forum,

I've solved the problem and CDburnerXP now recognizes my DVD drive for all type of burning. As mentioned before I'm on AMD hardware, it's a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H v2, my systems burner is a TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-223F, in BIOS the AHCI mode is activated and the os is Windows 7 x64. This combination gave me first headache than installing Windows 7. That doesn't accepted the Gigabyte AHCI bootdisk drivers, no drives were recognized and I've installed in native IDE mode. Later I was able to switch to AHCI - changed mode in BIOS and Win7 accepted Gigabytes AMD SATA drivers, but just SATA and not AHCI. If you look around in the net you'll find lot of posts with similar problems. At least my solution sounds that simple you won't believe: I installed Gigabyte's Vista drivers that were accepted at once after I've tried for several times the Win7 drivers from Gigabyte and AMD and also MS Standard AHCI 1.0. Conclusion: Faulty drivers from Gigabyte/AMD which by the way seem to be identical.

Good luck for you,

Atze

Yea, THX, I've the same problem, and Thanx to You, It is solved.

So, I have

DVDRW: ASUS DRW-2014L1T

GIGABYTE GA-MA69G-S3H motherboard

W7 x64 installed with SATA->AHCI mode in BIOS. These GIGABYTE/ATI RAID drivers for x64 W7 (wich are in download page in ATI and GIGABYTE) are fake, w7 won't take it with "This driver is unusable for this HW, or maybe this is not x64 driver" message. I download the Vista x64 RAID Driver and Tadaaaa, SOLVED! CDBurnerXP now see my drive and WORK perfectly.

Thanks A LOT!