Sign in to follow this  
Guest MasterEvilAce

Completed Burns -- File Structure Bad

Guest MasterEvilAce

My car can play mp3 CDs, so I burn DATA cds with a few albums onto a single CD.

CDBurnerXP has worked great in the past, but my two most recent burns have had major problems (both were completely different burns a month apart)

The burns complete successfully, and it appears to burn the entire CD (based on the time it takes).

However, after final investigation of the CD, the file structure is all messed up.

badburn.jpg

The first folder burned fine. The folder is there, and all the mp3s contained within are valid and playback.

The second folder exists, as well as the mp3's inside of it, but all of the files are 0 bytes.

The three last folders didn't even burn properly, and don't show up as folders.

Running the final version of Windows 7 64bit.

First failed CD was using an older version of CDBurnerXP, but a couple of days ago I grabbed the latest version in hopes that it would fix it, and the new CD is corrupt as well.

How exactly did you burn the disc? Did you continue a session? What is the source for the files? Maybe you can send the compilation file to me for looking into it.

Guest MasterEvilAce

The first disc was burned at 40x, and wound up at the same fate.

The disc above was burned at 4x by accident. The mp3's are 320bitrate.

The discs are Memorex CD-R's which i've never had any real issues with. It was a new session and I did not choose to finalize the disc at the end.

Don't have the compilation, but I will try to burn another and I will save that one

Could this be related to a problem I had this morning? Went through writing and apparently successfully verifying 130MB of data on to a fresh CD-R, but Windows (on both this and another PC) reported the burned disc to contain no files/folders at all.

Using version 4.2.7.1801 on XP Pro SP3, with an NEC ND-3520A drive. Not had any problems with previous versions.

Guest MasterEvilAce
How exactly did you burn the disc? Did you continue a session? What is the source for the files? Maybe you can send the compilation file to me for looking into it.

Just burned another CD. With this one, all of the folders were created fine. ALL of the files within the Kaleidoscope folder were 0bytes. All the other mp3s were fine.

I used the same CDRs, burned at 40x, finalize turned on, disc verify off.. if you need any other option settings i can look at them

Here is the compilation saved after burning

http://www.keisien.com/cdburner.dxp

Here is my drive

http://www.cdburnerxp.se/en/testeddrive ... h=ggc-h20l

Great software, just hope this problem can be tracked down.

Thanks.