Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest stumped

internal SDK error CStarBurn_scsi

41 posts in this topic

Hi folks. Sorry if this has been covered but I couldn't find it after a couple of hours of searching. After the subject it continues "Transport SPTI::ExecuteCDB():Command Failed." While creating an audio CD using MP3 files everything goes fine until the end of the 5th track when I get this error. I have uninstalled and re-installed CDBXP a number of times and no luck. Tried different optical discs including TDK and Memorex. Running duel core intel with XP. Just DLed this program so I assume it's fresh.

Best regards and thanks for any help.

I'v got the same problem.

Think it's a DVD drive failure...

and not only related to CDBurnerXP....

sad enough......

Thanks for the reply. I don't have any other problems burning with the DVD drive. Only with CDBXP. Perhaps not a compatible drive with CDBXP? I'll try and check that out.

Best regards.

Probably crappy media. You can try to burn at a slow [or slowest] speed. It worked for me.

Ok folks. I am a fool. Turns out the 5th track was...shall we say...compromised, or better yet...corrupt. Deleted that track from the list and we are good to go! I don't know what the good folks who created this excellent software put in to stop the recording but I'm sure it's for some good reason. And Flo...we are not all morons. Some...yes, all...no. I really don't know what we would do without you tho'.

All the best to all of you and keep your stick on the ice. (no fighting)

Best regards (not stumped any more)

I keep getting the exact same error. Not sure what to do. It always happens on the same track. Please give me a suggestion.

Delete the track it stops at before trying a new burn. Worked for me.

Best regards.

Here's another possibility ... just happened to me ...

If you create an audio disk content that is 'close' to the max size of the disk and then add extra silence at the end of each track, that then puts it over the size of the disk it will begin to burn the disk then give you this same error (and ruin the disk).

After ruining about 10 disks trying to resolve this (on different computers, different OSs,etc.) I finally figured this out.

This really is a bug in the program. There should be a final check in the system (at the point where you opt to include the extra silence) to make sure that you haven't gone over the space of the disk.

Hope that helps someone else not waste a bunch of disks.

I'll try to look into it as soon as I get the time. If it can easily be reproduced, it shouldn't be hard to fix.

I am still getting this same error. At first I thought it was a drive issue but I am still able to burn DVDs and Data CDs.

I'm trying to burn an MP3 album to an audio cd on a CD-RW. I have been able to do the burn using Infrarecorder. Infrarecorder also reports an error but the disc does work.

I don't believe this is due to the "add extra silence" feature/bug noted by cpashen.

Any help is appreciated :)

Updated and still have the same error. Produced log file. Here are steps taken.

• 1,) Uninstalled 4.3.2.
    2,) Installed 4.3.5.
    3,) Enabled logging.
    4,) Restarted CDBurnerXP.
    5,) Attempted to burn audio CD.
    6,) Burn failed.
    7,) Sent error report via internal mechanism.
    8,) Exited without saving project.

Log file attached.

Side note: Does anyone else have issues with the automatically download and install updates option? I've had it enabled since I started using CDBXP and it never seems to do anything. I always have to manually check, uninstall and reinstall.

EDIT: I noticed you can't attach files with the log extension. You might want to either change your forum rules or edit the post instructing how to attach your log.

Thanks for the great software :)

Can you post a screenshot of your drive selection? So that I can see which drive you use.

Sorry for the long wait on this. I starred the notification email and completely forgot about it.

Screenshot attached.

Hope it helps :)

Hm, does that really correspond to the log file? According to StarBurn, the log file indicates that a read-only device (emulated by Daemon tools for example) has been used for burning. I don't think that you can ever select such a device in CDBurnerXP though.

I have Alcohol 120% installed nd a single virtual drive from it active. Could that be what is causing the issue?

Is it possible to select such a device for burning in CDBurnerXP?

I don't know. I'm just thinking it's the only thing on my system that correlates to your staement:

According to StarBurn, the log file indicates that a read-only device (emulated by Daemon tools for example) has been used for burning.

Maybe a conflict between the software?

I don't think so. But it might have lead to an accidential mistake on the user's side ;)

Having the same problem. I have daemon tools installed, but I can't even select the emulated drives while burning. I'll try uninstalling daemon tools I guess?

You could try to disable the emulated drives temporarily and check if that makes any difference.

I had the program uninstalled. I'm not sure if there's much more I can do. I've had the program before so idk why it would all of a sudden do this.