internal SDK error CStarBurn_scsi

Can you send a new log file then, now that the other drive (which was drive E?) is removed? This will prove that neither you nor CDBurnerXP did select the wrong device, StarBurn won't believe me if I just say that the correct device has been used.

• 2 months later...
Guest Hawktrio

Definitely try reducing the burn speed at this worked for me when getting this error burning an ISO to DVD+R.

• 4 months later...
Guest iao
Definitely try reducing the burn speed at this worked for me when getting this error burning an ISO to DVD+R.

try that, but didnt work for me. I finally switched to nero and there it worked with the same Iso-File and DVD-Type

• 4 months later...
Guest birdboy1

had the same problem found out my dvd burner doesnt support the space between the songs!! hope this helps

burner LG GSA-H22N

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest IT DOES NOT BURN!

IT DOES NOT WANT to BURN any discs when Daemon Tools are installed!

I suspected that I have to change the drive to burn but it is impossible to do! It dies NOT see normal DVD drive, only virtual!

Then I had to unmount existing virtual images - no effect! "Normal" (physical) DVD drive still be unavailable

It makes me crazy!

It seems that only solution is to uninstall Daemon Tools. Or stop use this f...ing Burner!!!!!

potentially it may be, I haven't uninstalled DT yet. but what I exactly remember - that CDBurner DID work before I installed DT.

After that, I have installed DT and didn't care, didn't check, didn't use it for a long time. And now having tried to burn CD I faced with IT !

It can see only DT "BD-ROM" and not able to see the physical one.

Guest It doesn't burn
BTW, does it only happen in data burning mode or audio as well?

I have never tried to burn Audio CDs (it was no need) but just tried to check the issue. You are right - when I choose "audio CD" and press "Media info" button - it shows correct, physical CD drive as it should do. And as I had ejected the disc, it had shown "No disc". All correct.

But when you select "Data disc" it inevitably shows "BD-ROM" and doesn't see any other device, even though I dismount all virtual drives. I guess this issue is not resolvable, and most probably I will have to replace CDBXP with other software. I hope it will not discover the same defect, if it would - I will have to uninstall DT.

Guest ii

The problem appeared to be much more severe than it seemed to be initially

Having removed Daemon Tools(which I inclined to accuse) I got no result. Windows doesn't want to burn anything even though I try to use internal burner.

Run "E:\" command (letter of DVD-ROM) with blank DVD/CD inside -> it proposes to format the disc. When I choose Live File System , it works. When I choose another, it hangs thoroughly. Then Windows reports that "Explorer not responding", and the windows taskbar completely gets disappeared. Nothing helps - only hard reboot.

If you use CDBXP, you face another scenario. It still be unable to detect the disc in CD-ROM. Attempts to burn led to thorough hanging again. It's useless to kill the processes via TaskMgr (I noticed it is common behavior for Windows 7) - it hangs , that's all you can expect.

I have no idea what to do and who is culprit. Maybe, unclear uninstalling of DT or CDBXP itself ? I begin to doubt if there were any successful burnings under Win7. Inclined to think they were under WinXP, I don't remember exactly.

Whole thing looks desperate, but the only I don't want to do - to reinstall Wi7 because of CD failures.

• 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...

lost 6 cds from a box of 10 trying to resolve this, and only got this 6 copies at 4x.

No problem with daemon or other virtual soft (tried in Ubuntu aswell).

I think thet the problems reside on the CDs. Buying a 52x CDs speed and need to burn at 4x?? This looks stupid to me.