GH22NS50 not working

Guest Yo_Shi

Guest Yo_Shi

Hello guys,

i've tried to burn something with my GH22NS50, but it won't work.

The other day, it worked perfectly, but now, i don't know why, CDBurnerXP cannot detect my burner. The strange thing is, that this is only the case at making a new data disk...

I can burn ISO-Files, i can delete RW-disks, everything works fine except the part of making a new data disk.

Can someone help me please?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iGen

I have the same drive (HL-DT-ST GH22NS50, DVDRAM drive from LG) and the same problems (Windows 7 x64). A firmware update from TN00 to TN02 (latest available) didn't change the behavior:

I can't create a data disk because no supported drive is found, but I can delete a DVD-RW. I can start to burn an image but the process stops after a while with an error.

I have the same problem with LG GH22LS50. The drive is only recognised if I choose "burn ISO image". I have Windows7 x64 installed and CDBurnerXP release 4.2.7.1801. Windows7 burning option works fine as well as Ashampoo Burning Studio.

• 2 months later...
Guest pefo

Hab das gleiche Problem unter WIndows7 x64!!! Es wird kein kompatibles Laufwerk gefunden.

Unter der Windows Oberfläche mit den Windowseigenen Funktionen kann der Brenner allerdings problemlos verwendet werden.

Auf meiner Windows 7 x32 Installation Funktioniert der gleiche Brenner aber einwandfrei.

Es scheint also Eindeutig ein Problem mit der x64 kompatibilität von CDBurnerXP zu sein!

pefo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dissection

Have you guys tried to "Run as An administrator"? I had the same problem with a GH22NS30 and fixed by using the run as function... now my drive appears in the list.

Guest Johnny27B

CDBurnerXP dont like the AHCI-Mode!!

I changed BIOS-Setting for SATA: AHCI->IDE and now it works!!!

• 2 months later...
Guest Screapy
CDBurnerXP dont like the AHCI-Mode!!

I changed BIOS-Setting for SATA: AHCI->IDE and now it works!!!

When i change the BIOS-Settings for SATA: AHCI -> IDE, i see in the BIOS the GH22NS50, but under Windows 7 x64, there iss nothing to see :(:(:(

Guest Uwe
Have you guys tried to "Run as An administrator"? I had the same problem with a GH22NS30 and fixed by using the run as function... now my drive appears in the list.
doesn't help (Win7 x64). My drive is a GH22LS50. Drive's not detected for data disks, but detected for all other burning options (audio, ISO, ...). Disabling AHCI is not an option btw...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Mad-Max
doesn't help (Win7 x64). My drive is a GH22LS50. Drive's not detected for data disks, but detected for all other burning options (audio, ISO, ...). Disabling AHCI is not an option btw...

GH22NS30 is my drive and doesn't worked also under Win7 64bit & AHCI. Fortunately i have 2 Sata chips onboard and the second one is running in IDE mode. So with just the change to the second Chip & therefore to IDE, its working fine now. So if someone of you has the chance to solve this way.... try!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chris01

Same problem with LG GH22LS50, Win7 x64, AHCI

Why this bug isn't fixed since over 8 months??????

• 2 months later...

I have the same Problem. But i have fixed the problem.

You must Installt the Intel® Matrix Storage Manager!

Now it works!

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem. I use Windows 7 32bit and CDBurnerXP said, there is no comaptible DVD burner. But when I burn ISO Images it works. ???

After the first start CDBurnerXP saw the GH22NS50. After press "burn" it's gone. Other burning software works fine.

I can't install the Intel Matrix Storage Manager because my chipset isn't compatible with that driver.

Has anybody an idea how make that CDBurnerXP works with GH22NS50?

I found the GH22NS50 in the Compatible list on cdburnerxp.se.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...