Sign in to follow this  
Guest ujr

[X] Dragging playlists from foobar2000

Guest ujr

Hi,

I'm creating playlists in foobar2000 and want to create audio cd's from the files in CDBurnerXP.

I'm creating the file list in CDBurnerXP by dragging the whole playlist from foobar2000. Unfortunately it is necessary to resort the playlist, because files are ordered alphabetically after being dropped.

If I drag/drop the playlist to an editor window, the correct playlist sequence is kept.

To what kind of editor do you drop the list? As far as I can see, foobar2000 and not CDBurnerXP is messing up the track order.

Guest ujr

Hmm - meanwhile I updated foobar2000 to the latest beta and I cannot reproduce the bug anymore.

I don't know if I made something different now - though I don't believe it. Unfortunately I cannot get hold of the older foobar2000 version currently - so let's suppose they fixed it for now.

The editor, btw, was a text editor called EmEditor, that displays all filenames.

Guest ujr

Hello again -

it turns out that it worked yesterday, because I had renamed all files that belong to a certain playlist such that their name starts with a common identifier (aka playlist name) and consecutive numbers (ie playlist index).

It seems that cdburnerxp sorts the dropped playlist ascending by file name or path. So it's obvious that the described scenario works fine. However, if I create an arbitrary new playlist, the sequence of the dropped playlist is changed by cdburnerxp sorting file names alphabetically. foobar2000, otoh, does the right thing as you can see by dragging the playlist to EmEditor or Notepad++.

It's not that simple actually. If you drag the playlist from foobar2000 to Notepad (or the like), it will only display the textual content of the items, in the same order as in the program. If you drag and drop to a "file accepting" application, there is some kind of sorting, NOT done by CDBurnerXP. If you don't believe me, try http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/w-p/clipboa ... php/c9155/. Copy (Ctrl+C) from foobar2000, then compare "Clipboard -> CF_TEXT" and "Clipboard -> CF_HDROP".

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.